Scottish Cup Holders v Doric Upstarts

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DrewDon is talking about 2008 but your first league win at TCS was 3 years before that.

I am referring to the 2008 game, but I said "first" to differentiate between our two 4-3 wins in Inverness: 2008 and 2013. Maybe I should have been clearer in my first post.

This fixture always provokes fond memories from our first 4-3 away victory over Caley Thistle. Great scenes following Chris Maguire scoring the winner deep into stoppage time. I think I remember Russell Duncan being sent off at half-time. I didn't realise that we were playing with one man more until the last five minutes, but I don't know whether that says more about my observational skills or our second half performance. I can also recall a bit of a comedy own goal from Dave Bus.

Last time I saw Aberdeen play in Inverness, Hayes and Rooney scored the only goals of the game. I would accept that outcome again.

I remember that. Duncan was booked for his celebration and then red carded for booting the ball into the Main Stand at half time. I'm sure that was game where Grant Munro was also sent off at full time for something with the ref in the tunnel. Bizarre for a game to have two red cards, both of which were unseen by the supporters.

I thought Russell Duncan was sent off for having a go at the referee at half time? I don't remember him booting he ball into the stand. I remember it took us a while to realise that we were down to 10 men so I think it was a second yellow card in the tunnel that saw him ordered off.

This is the BBC report from that 4 - 3 game and it does mention that Duncan booted the ball away and got a second yellow for that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7317655.stm

State of those line ups by the way.

According to Brewster it was 7 minutes at Half time and 7 minutes at full time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/inverness_ct/7320531.stm

Caley should do the honourable thing and field their under 12's.

No because if we do it for you then Celtic will want the same and that is just wrong on so many levels.

Just saying like, not trying to cast aspersions in any way whatsoever.

Archived