Pars v Ayr

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's okay tho because BoDog are paying his wages :rolleyes:

With all the admin buffs on here, all of whom have such extensive knowledge of the inner workings of football clubs, it's truly remarkable that washed with them. :lol:

And to think that contract only cost us £2000

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Steeeeevo looked thoroughly disinterested on Saturday. I feared he would inspire Ayr like Martin Hardie did for us a few years ago.

More like Oliver Hardy.

Zing.

To be honest, there's not a huge gulf between the sides. How could any side take themselves uber-seriously having found themselves 2 nil down at home on consecutive occasions to the very unfashionable Ayr United. We're just two slightly different shades of footballing shite, much like the rest of Scottish football.

Both sides have made considerable progress from last season but surely more so on the west coast. Having avoided the relegation play offs on the last day of last season, to then offer enough of a challenge to the great sporting philanthropists Dunfermline, who we must thank for their great charitable work in the lower divisions, result in large swathes of their fanbase frothing at the gash at the sight of their eleven full timers beat ten part timers.

At the end of November/early December, every Pars fan kept themselves neurotically up to date on all things Ayr United, even recently, even last weekend. How else could you explain the fervour, the glee, the exuberance that came after a win against little old us?

Consistency & squad depth sets Dunfermline apart and that's why they'll win the league. Even half cocked they'll beat most teams in this league.

Ian McCall is doing a great job at Somerset, he deserves to manage at a higher level. I quite fancy us to steady the ship and finish the season strongly, including getting the better of Peterhead should we meet in the play offs. Whatever else, I hope the play off victors come from this division, the Championship sides have bossed it a bit too much for my liking recently.

We started the season well and then went 14 games unbeaten, playing everyone at least once, so we've proved we can compete. Like you say timing is everything. At the moment Peterhead would get the better of us over two legs but the playoffs are still 2-3 months away and a lot can change. Then again we could get even worse lol....

So ayr have won the great prize of most improved team , well done when's the medal ceremony?

At the playoff final when we head up to relegate you.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

For me it's making the most efficient use of the resource at your disposal. The Pars are doing okay but can f**k up anytime, like we've done few times this season. Ayr are a good team and can still click. Plenty left to play for. I think we'll win the league and next season will be a hard hard task if we make it.

Archived