Potential Champions League Changes

That's always been the case really. The bigger teams from the bigger leagues invariably will go further in the competitions.

Such is life.

Exactly. Which is why they didn't need the game rigged in their favour and don't need it rigged any more.

Given his burning sense of injustice over this, I assume he'll be rushing through changes in Scottish football, such as changing the distribution of money from various sources, altering the voting structure and league structure to suit all teams, remove seeding from the league cup, have a team automatically relegated from League 2 and one automatically promoted to it etc?

Given his burning sense of injustice over this, I assume he'll be rushing through changes in Scottish football, such as changing the distribution of money from various sources, altering the voting structure and league structure to suit all teams, remove seeding from the league cup, have a team automatically relegated from League 2 and one automatically promoted to it etc?

Exactly. Any club who was involved in the creation of the SPL can hardly complain

Exactly. Which is why they didn't need the game rigged in their favour and don't need it rigged any more.

Yeah, that's precisely the point I'm making. Due to the qualification and seeding process it's becoming harder and harder for teams from the smaller leagues to get anywhere in Europe, which leads to coefficient remaining low, which leads to tougher qualification.

Ok, our teams had a poor season in Europe this year. (Co-efficient is 3.000). Spain had over 2 before a ball was even kicked. I'm not for a minute saying we are going to catch Spain but Spain, England and Germany being handed 12 points for doing nothing (12 points is what Scotland got in total) makes the system a bit daft.

Eta -Spain got 16 handed to them this season.

I hope this does go ahead, as it will speed up the implosion of football. Football as it is in so many countries just needs to die. Luckily in Scotland our dreadful marketing of the game may actually turn out to save us when everything explodes. The morons running our game yearn to be like England, but fortunately more of our teams are being run properly now and are not propped up by TV money, which can't end well. It's not sustainable in the long run with the current model in terms of TV cash and large sponsorship deals, as they continually try to outbid each other, and it will eventually be too much and mistakes and gambles will be made and it will all come crashing down. Those getting millions from TV and big sponsors will then all be thrashing around trying not to drown.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what 916, I agree with every single point you make there.

However, unless you are less than 10 years old, the irony of that coming from a Rangers fan (considering what went on through the 90's/early 00's) is something.

Archived