Heart of Midlothian - 2016/17 European Tour

Elixir

Just now, DAVIDB69 said:

They knocked out West Ham last year

No they didn't and they've only got about 3 players left from that match. That said, I was still expecting them to be better than they were tonight. Offered nothing going forward.

We should comfortably beat them at home but we're light in attacking options and I could easily see them fluking a goal and us struggling to break them down. Hopefully we don't regret this.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than glimpses from Walker, we had nothing in the final 3rd. Thought Smith was poor tonight with his distribution & Paterson is better at full back. Also think Djoum would have been nore of a threat coming from midfield rather than the no10 role he was given.

Should pump them at Tynecastle next week though.

Poor performance. Solid enough at the back, but poor going forward. Walker, aided by Rherras at times, was the most creative; but Sammon and Juanma gave us nothing. 

Neilson, predictably, didn't try and change things up to go for an away goal. We never looked like conceding though - we should be comfortably putting away this gang next week.

I hope this is the last time we see Paterson on the wing. He isn't productive, and doesn't look like he enjoys playing there. I'm not getting up hopes up, though. 

Thought we were ok.   First 15 we looked sharp and hungry and Sammon's goal should've stood. After that we laboured in the final third but were by miles the better team,hit the bar, few flashes across goal etc. 

We really need to sharpen up but at the same point it's early doors in the season and I'd be incredibly disappointed if we never beat them nextt week.

Only thing missing for Hearts tonight was a goal..By far the better team but for some reason never got at their keeper .If Ozturks shot had gone in it would have been  a deserved victory.,Juanma and Sammon need better service into the box and surely goals will come..Strange that King and Reilly are both on loan when both could have added something that was missing from the attack tonight .Surely finish the job next week though as the maltese didnt look up to much.

Think we'd have a chance against Omonia or Beitar, the others would be very tricky.

Partizan drew 0-0 at home in the first leg, Omonia lost 1-0 away.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

If Hearts KO Birkirkara, will play one of: AZ, Krasnodar, Partizan B/Zaglebie, Sassuolo, Rio Ave, Omonia Nic/Beitar Jerusalem.

44 minutes ago, Duffy_ said:

Think we'd have a chance against Omonia or Beitar, the others would be very tricky.

Partizan drew 0-0 at home in the first leg, Omonia lost 1-0 away.

Omonia Nic or Beitar Jerusalem would be the obvious choice but regards to the others it really just depends upon how seriously they're taking the competition......a bit like drawing a mid table EPL side in the early rounds of the FA Cup......they might just play their kids!

Any word on whom Aberdeen or Hibs might get?

Archived