General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

That photo of the blessed daughter of a vicar was either to show that nothing has changed in how the French treat the English or an appeal to a higher power to make sure it was a Red card rather than go to an unelected European judge. Why is she not getting on with the day job than swanning off to a game she which she probably cannot abide in normal times?

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

That photo of the blessed daughter of a vicar was either to show that nothing has changed in how the French treat the English or an appeal to a higher power to make sure it was a Red card rather than go to an unelected European judge. Why is she not getting on with the day job than swanning off to a game she which she probably cannot abide in normal times?

Lol......this is a politician who really needs to get on wi the day job

Nicola is going for it at FMQs today. Getting absolutely stuck into the Tories. Ruth just Indy ref 2, Indy ref 2. Blah, blah, blah.

I thought she struggled. I'm actually surprised her answers were so weak as she must have been expecting those questions. Even more rattled trying to defend their record on education. One of the least assured performances I've seen by her for a while.

I thought she struggled. I'm actually surprised her answers were so weak as she must have been expecting those questions. Even more rattled trying to defend their record on education. One of the least assured performances I've seen by her for a while.

Of course you'd say that.

Bit of both.

• Davidson got absolutely nowhere by continuing with her IndyRef2 obsession and got it back and then some from Nicola Sturgeon, you have to wonder how much confidence RD has in TM & how Tory policies at UK level will fare over the next few years.
  • Dugdale did far better focussing on the SNP's record on education which contains room for improvement, she spoiled it a bit at the end by saying "Vote SNP, get a Tory government" which was a bit of an open goal given ScotLab's tactics during the recent campaign.

A bit of a pity KD/ScotLab didn't get a mention in the News, but that's the price they pay for ignoring the day job for two years.

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

Jeez - I don't think I'm one to just happy-clap the SNP but Sturgeon looked like she simply relished today's FMQs and, once again, easily dished out a nice big telt to 'One Trick' Davidson 

It was nice of Dugdale to stick to policy by criticising education but oh my fucking God imagine finishing up by claiming vote SNP get Tory - I was wincing in embarrassment for her - and of course she got an utter telt for her troubles

Do we need an FMQs thread ?

4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Jeez - I don't think I'm one to just happy-clap the SNP but Sturgeon looked like she simply relished today's FMQs and, once again, easily dished out a nice big telt to 'One Trick' Davidson 

It was nice of Dugdale to stick to policy by criticising education but oh my fucking God imagine finishing up by claiming vote SNP get Tory - I was wincing in embarrassment for her - and of course she got an utter telt for her troubles

Do we need an FMQs thread ?

The SNP education strategy is a page out of Michael Gove's book.

Bypassing the local council is the first step towards charter schools and a two tier public education system. A load of bollocks.

5 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The SNP education strategy is a page out of Michael Gove's book.

Bypassing the local council is the first step towards charter schools and a two tier public education system. A load of bollocks.

It's probably an attempt to stop some LA's deciding policy designed to harm the SNP.