General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

5 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

The fact that she's even being spoken about as a potential successor exposes the tallest-dwarf nature of the pool of candidates.

It has to be said that the idea of a Remain-voting openly LGBT Scot leading them might be several bridges too far for some sections of their grassroots support though.

Spent some time checking the Scottish manifesto as compared to the UK on the subject of Brexit. Both are identical and are Hard Brexit including the pledge to reduce immigration to the tens of thousands. So Ruth and her candidates should be loyal to her manifesto . Why she now thinks the economy comes before immigration is commendable but that was not what she argued for in the GE campaign. Mind you mandates don't come from not having a majority in Parliament. Can't believe Portillo is so easily taken it but he was looking and sounding very glum last night about a "transformational" moment in UK politics. As for Liz kendall she should be grateful to Jezza for reviving her sense of well being.

As a general rule if a newspaper headline is in the form of a direct question you can assume that the answer is "No"

Can't be much of an 'EU Regulation' if Germany managed to ban the cladding.

Who was it that took back control?

The Express is a disgrace.
They blame the cladding on the EU and are now trying to cover for May for not initially speaking to the residents by saying the doctors told her not to.

Who believes this shite?
c***s like McSpreader and Lex no doubt.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

The Express is a disgrace.
They blame the cladding on the EU and are now trying to cover for May for not initially speaking to the residents by saying the doctors told her not to.

Who believes this shite?
c***s like McSpreader and Lex no doubt.

The EU forced the builders to use substandard materials that are outlawed in the US and Germany.

Totally makes sense.

20 minutes ago, HTG said:

TM is invisible to the general public. She's an absolute shitebag. Showed all through the election and it's showing now. Fit for f**k all. 

Well she just made a private visit to a church near the tower, entering without talking to the public outside. Obviously a crowd gathered awaiting her exit which she chose to do via a side door.

11 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Well she just made a private visit to a church near the tower, entering without talking to the public outside. Obviously a crowd gathered awaiting her exit which she chose to do via a side door.

Is she now more unpopular than Trump.....i fucking hope so!!

I think it's time for the Tory's to go and everyone should vote for the best placed candidate to beat them in their area, we need a Corbyn government just so we can get to the truth about this disaster warts n all.

I'm not into public unrest or riots but I think the time has come for the people to take control of this country and change it for the better. 

Edited by ayrmad

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

So why not do that when she went the first time?  If she'd met the people then like she did the emergency services and done so in a private situation folk would have bought the "I don't want to be a distraction or security risk" line. She's been embarrassed into it by Corbyn and then the royal visit. Ffs if the royals can go then she can. She shat the bed yesterday because she'd have got a shed load of stick. The people advising her are making an utter c**t of her. But she must be accepting it because she's capable of independent thinking I assume. 

Edited by HTG