General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

So, Scotland has a faster growing economy, lower levels of unemployment, and a better performing NHS than the UK as a whole.
The unionists will be triggered big time.

Wait until they find out Scottish education is doing better than rUk.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The Unionists were properly thrashing their maggots about Scotland going into recession as well. They'll be gutted it hasn't but better growth than the UK as well? That is a stinger.

The sad thing is that for many of them, it WILL be a stinger. Any sane person would simply want to be living in a nation that is prospering. There's people out there who would want to see Scotland falter, for the sake of a fucking flag.

2 hours ago, Crossbill said:

It's good news and a welcome relief that the MSM don't have yet another stick to beat us with, but ultimately the Scottish government has no more claim over this upturn than it would have culpability for a down-turn.  Holyrood simply does not have the economic levers to have that kind of influence.  It is interesting that the article highlights the Dalzell steel plant though - that is one example that the Scottish government can point to where it's policy has made an unquestionable positive impact.

That BBC news page is a sight to behold  :thumsup2

Either fake news or April 1st.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Has anyone seen or heard from Jackie Baillie today? I fear she'll take this news extremely badly.

I hope FMQ'S are on tomorrow, I envisage Kez, Willie and The Gub all concentrating on 10% or so of farmers not getting their payments on time.

3 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

On their holidays

I thought they were but PMQ's being on today challenged my surety.

Keeping the above as is and getting the rest in front of the UK will leave them with nowt to moan about.

Edited by ayrmad

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

bbcr.thumb.jpg.853fdb2688614693cbf32a547f1ad2ad.jpg

Every story on the BBC Scotland news page is like a dagger to the heart of Unionists.

Glorious 12th.

A week later and the world would have ended.

So, Scotland has a faster growing economy, lower levels of unemployment, and a better performing NHS than the UK as a whole.
The unionists will be triggered big time.

Aye what a mess we are in. No way could we go it alone.

Too wee
Too poor
Too stupid

Eh I think not

Canadian PM and total wid Justin Trudeau was in Edinburgh today to meet Her Maj and pick up an honorary degree from Edinburgh Uni.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/justin-trudeau-awarded-honorary-degree-edinburgh-ahead-queen/

He does a passable Scottish accent and also said this ... "If it excites you a lot and scares you a little, then you should probably do it. Be bold, be brave, be open to the incredible opportunities in front of you." Which is a clear sign of support for Independence IMO.

#Justin4IndyRef2

Can you imagine how much shitter rUK will be when oil rebounds and the Tories continue their useless charade of a government ? Oil producing Scotland out performs rUK during an oil crisis. Too reliant on it though apparently.