General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 15:58, strichener said:

Ignoring the fact that you have extended the time period past the Labour administration that was in power at the time that you blame the bankers for everything, comparing Labour to the Conservatives is meaningless.  You stated that Labour did not overspend and anyway you look at it the clearly did:

Debt in 1997: £352bln
Debt in 2007: £527bln

Surplus: -£175bln

I am not sure how badly you failed arithmetic but clearly the Labour government overspent.

Debt in 2017 £1.7 trillion, what's your point?

Just reset the email password? Or did you forget the email address also?
I prefer the original jmo tbh

I don't think the email address actually exists any more, hence why my password didn't work. It wasn't my normal email account, basically set it up about 8 years ago with the intention of using it to sign up to websites, did that for about six months before forgetting about it. Turns out that website deactivates accounts that are dormant for 3 or more years.

Just now, Jmothecat2 said:

I don't think the email address actually exists any more, hence why my password didn't work. It wasn't my normal email account, basically set it up about 8 years ago with the intention of using it to sign up to websites, did that for about six months before forgetting about it. Turns out that website deactivates accounts that are dormant for 3 or more years.

I'm disappointed you didn't opt for NewJmothecat.

Tony (Blair, not 8Mile's imaginary pal) would be ashamed of you

49 Labour MPs (Ian Murray included) defy Corbyn 3 line whip and vote for a Queen Speech amendment to back staying in the single market, along with the SNP grouping. It comfortably failed, but still somewhat significant.

49 Labour MPs (Ian Murray included) defy Corbyn 3 line whip and vote for a Queen Speech amendment to back staying in the single market, along with the SNP grouping. It comfortably failed, but still somewhat significant.

Very interesting. Apparently a couple of front benchers included. Be interesting to see what Corbyn does with them.

Edit: 5 front benchers.

Sacked by the looks of it.
EDIT: Have to wonder why Corbyn is so determined to back the Tories' version of Brexit, despite claiming he's against it.

Be at the next festival doing a liney off a birds chebs and it'll go viral among the yooofs and everyone will think he's one of the real folk again though so doesn't matter

Daft move by Corbyn,vote for it knowing it will get voted down by the tories and the nutters and blame them for everything when it turns to shite

Also the shadow scot sec abstained,along with her silence on the dup deal she really is a minter

Edited by doulikefish

36 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Sacked by the looks of it.

EDIT: Have to wonder why Corbyn is so determined to back the Tories' version of Brexit, despite claiming he's against it.

He's long criticised the Single Market. Only difference is that it's the capitalist elements he objects to rather than the usual complaints about free movement. 

49 isn't a bad rebellion. Maybe worth another shot at some point during the negotiations where there's a greater chance of sticking it to the Tories and attracting some support from Tories who don't have to worry about elections if they rebel.