General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Again, those are not Amazon's full accounts and if I had to guess given the little information given within I would say they've hidden a load of brand value purchases from their parent company in the assets column.  It's what they're good at.

If they have purchased assets then it won't have affected profits.  Here have a read.

Quick mention of the rolling out of baby boxes on reporting Scotland followed by a substantial piece about a possibly sexist joke made by Alex salmond. This included stopping people in the street and asking them if they thought it was sexist/offensive.

It's getting tedious now.

Quick mention of the rolling out of baby boxes on reporting Scotland followed by a substantial piece about a possibly sexist joke made by Alex salmond. This included stopping people in the street and asking them if they thought it was sexist/offensive.

The CARDBOARD baby boxes, already ROLLED OUT ELSEWHERE in the UK. SNPBAD, and Monica Lennon (Scottish Labour), wants them to deal with the sanitary products problem.... Oh, wait......

11 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Hopefully everybody else can see how blatant it is now.  Hardcore yoons won't but maybe folk with a bit of intelligence will.

5 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Please read up on brand assets and their abuse.

No need, I know the difference between an expense and an asset, between a balance sheet and a P & L and how share price appreciation for shares priced in USD affect the value of share awards for a company reporting in GBP.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

No need, I know the difference between an expense and an asset, between a balance sheet and a P & L and how share price appreciation for shares priced in USD affect the value of share awards for a company reporting in GBP.

If only you knew something relevant.

On 16/08/2017 at 14:55, Baxter Parp said:

Are you suggesting that Amazon's profits were not affected by the increased provision for share awards (which are priced in dollars) and the increase in Amazon's share price over the period covered by the accounts?  You do know what "fair value" actually means?

Also, If you check Calmac's accounts for 2016 you will see that both turnover and losses increased.  Probably some Barnett wheeze by the Scottish Government. :rolleyes:  I mean how is it even possible????

Just so you know, that last question was rhetorical because I do know how it happens.  PM me if you want an explanation. 8)

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

Are you suggesting that Amazon's profits were not affected by the increased provision for share awards (which are priced in dollars) and the increase in Amazon's share price over the period covered by the accounts?  You do know what "fair value" actually means?

Also, If you check Calmac's accounts for 2016 you will see that both turnover and losses increased.  Probably some Barnett wheeze by the Scottish Government. :rolleyes:  I mean how is it even possible????

Just so you know, that last question was rhetorical because I do know how it happens.  PM me if you want an explanation. 8)

Jesus, this is desperate stuff.  You just haven't got the wits and experience to put together a coherent intelligent post that actually addresses the subject at hand and you actually trawled the entire internet for another instance of the same thing happening except nothing like the same scale and in a company that resembles Amazon in no way whatsoever.  It's dispiriting that you think this in some way adds to the conversation, frankly.  If you want to defend Amazon, a company that has systematically exploited labour laws and avoided corporation tax across the globe for years, then be my guest.  I think you have to ask yourself why your knee-jerk reaction is to defend such a company and what it says about you, frankly.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

It's hard to support Salmond here. The sexism isn't as relevant as the inappropriateness of making jokes about shagging a person he works with in a public forum.

It was a twatish thing to do and quite honestly it is indefensible.

What did he say?

On 18/08/2017 at 12:43, Baxter Parp said:

Jesus, this is desperate stuff.  You just haven't got the wits and experience to put together a coherent intelligent post that actually addresses the subject at hand and you actually trawled the entire internet for another instance of the same thing happening except nothing like the same scale and in a company that resembles Amazon in no way whatsoever.  It's dispiriting that you think this in some way adds to the conversation, frankly.  If you want to defend Amazon, a company that has systematically exploited labour laws and avoided corporation tax across the globe for years, then be my guest.  I think you have to ask yourself why your knee-jerk reaction is to defend such a company and what it says about you, frankly.

To use your own words

On 11/08/2017 at 11:58, Baxter Parp said:

You haven't got a fucking clue what you're talking about you fucking dimwit.

or maybe this one

On 16/08/2017 at 14:55, Baxter Parp said:

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 16:46, oaksoft said:

Third paragraph - if you had to guess? You have made a pretty strong accusation in terms which suggested you had proof of wrongdoing but now we hear you are GUESSING?

Again, I have made no accusations at all, I linked to an article.  Lying is no way to support your argument.  I've ignored the rest of your pish deliberately, in case you wondrered

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 18:55, Jmothecat2 said:

Made some crass joke about being unable to make Theresa May, Nicola Sturgeon and a couple of other female politicians come.

...to the show.  It's feeble but less offensive than half the comics on the fringe, I bet.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That is your prerogative but I think it probably is for the best that you withdraw anyway.

I told my Chartered Accountant friend that if he wants to investigate a company's finances that he should ignore the Balance sheet, P&L and Cash Flow statements because, according to you, they are not relevant.

He responded, and I quote directly, "Are you fucking kidding me?":1eye

Again, if you have to lie to support your argument then you don't have an argument.