Peterhead Vs Forfar

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are not really spineless , we are really shite with a just as shite manager . Starting line up was wrong , and yet again when the opposition are down to 10 he refuses to play with width and stretch the game , playing into the oppositions hands .

Bollan is a fud

Wouldn't have been a surprise result before the match (and good for both strikers to score), but 2-1 up and a man up for more than an hour......

More shots in first 30 minutes against 11 men than in the last 60 against 10 men tells all you need to know about GB's wizardry. It took desperate straits for him to locate his subs bench. No coincidence that each time this season the opposition have had red cards, we have seriously blown it - each time a winger was either taken off or didn't come on at all or until too late, no attempt to stretch the 10 men, no ambition. Dick had the humility to admit his mistake after the Stennie farce - any looking in the mirror by GB after the same situation 2 weeks in a row?

I believe Bollan refused to be interviewed on camera after the match so you may have to guess his thinking from the game. Could be interesting to see the highlights for the sending off as it was a bit odd we were awarded a throw in after it the feeling was if there was contact it was unintentional. Certainly in the 2nd half there was only one team going for the win & we duly obliged. Good win in the type of game we have sometimes struggled in the past.

I believe Bollan refused to be interviewed on camera after the match so you may have to guess his thinking from the game. Could be interesting to see the highlights for the sending off as it was a bit odd we were awarded a throw in after it the feeling was if there was contact it was unintentional. Certainly in the 2nd half there was only one team going for the win & we duly obliged. Good win in the type of game we have sometimes struggled in the past.

Nothing strange about being awarded the throw in, the ball was out when the sending off incident happened. If you lamp somebody when the ball is out of play, the player is red carded but a foul cannot be awarded.

Highlights up from Forfar tv:

Obvious Noble stands on the player, although it is difficult to say whether it was intentional, but it did look avoidable. As for the first goal from where I was standing it looked like it was closer to Smith and he could have claimed the cross, but I see now that wasn't the case. Doesn't excuse his terrible kick to Noble that led to the red though.

If it was avoidable but he makes contact then there is no doubt it was deliberate. Watching the highlights there seems he had time to step over the Forfar player. He can be reckless, red card against Dunfermline at EEP when we finished with 8.

Short of defenders and now we have 2 of our 3 out cos of red cards in the last 2 games.

Why was Gilchrist apparently cantering back at Forfar's 1st. If he had shifted he would have been goalside of the Forfar scorer.

A few negatives from a good result. Well done to the 10.

If it was avoidable but he makes contact then there is no doubt it was deliberate. Watching the highlights there seems he had time to step over the Forfar player. He can be reckless, red card against Dunfermline at EEP when we finished with 8.

Short of defenders and now we have 2 of our 3 out cos of red cards in the last 2 games.

Why was Gilchrist apparently cantering back at Forfar's 1st. If he had shifted he would have been goalside of the Forfar scorer.

A few negatives from a good result. Well done to the 10.

Possibly, I would just like to think that the club captain wouldn't be doing stupid stuff like that. Other players in the team I would probably be less surprised. You may be right about Gilchrist, but Noble goes flying across and misses the clearance leaving Forfar player completely unmarked, all in all probably just our usual defending to be honest.

Archived