St Mirren v Dumbarton Championship 20/2/16

If we can't beat clubs like dumbarton we are as well as chucking it, horrendous.

It's that kind of billy big bollocks attitude from the previous management and players that seen us lose to Dumbarton twice and draw with Alloa at home.

Mallan out - good

Nade & Lindsay out - potentially vvv bad

How have you lot been since Murray left, Shull (or anyone else)? The results seem to still be a bit meh, but I'm reading a lot of optimism in the papers and on Twitter.

We have an added bit of steel in the team now, there has been improvement results wise and the players are now at least giving maximum effort, which should be a given but it wasn't a couple of months ago. The league is so tight though, I don't think there is much between 4th-9th, even Alloa will make it difficult for teams till the end of the season now. Mallan has been the difference in a few games so he will be a huge loss to us, could see Agnew come in or Howieson.

The results might be a bit deceiving because we did beat Alloa twice and Morton, the big one was last week because it was at home and against a team who we thought would be challenging for the play offs. Then we lost to them on Saturday, you'll probably notice a difference in us but we still aren't blowing teams away and I can't see us demolishing anyone from now till the end of the season but as long as Rae keeps picking up wins here and there we'll be happy.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can't beat clubs like dumbarton we are as well as chucking it, horrendous.

I don't know much of this 'McG' character, but presumably this is a wind-up.

Wind-up or not, might provide a bit of inspiration to the players if it were to be pinned up on the wall of the dressing room pre-match on Saturday.

Anyway, big game this one, for both sides. We seem to have improved a bit, but the loss to Morton was a big blow so we need to bounce back here. Any news on Nade and Fleming's injuries?

Wind-up or not, might provide a bit of inspiration to the players if it were to be pinned up on the wall of the dressing room pre-match on Saturday.

Anyway, big game this one, for both sides. We seem to have improved a bit, but the loss to Morton was a big blow so we need to bounce back here. Any news on Nade and Fleming's injuries?

No sensible St Mirren fans are coming out with that sort of thing. We are in the Championship for a reason, as are Dumbarton.

No sensible St Mirren fans are coming out with that sort of thing. We are in the Championship for a reason, as are Dumbarton.

Fair enough. I thought as much to be honest.

Big game this one. Would be huge for us to get the three points, although the taking of points usually relies on goals being scored, something which isn't happening readily for us at the moment.

Surely we'll finally pick up 3 points against this mob :) how many times have i said that this season

Sadly I have a feeling you may be correct this time round...

And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

We have been looking good at the back but slipped back a little bit last week and mad mistakes again. Overall we were dreadful vs Morton in what was a pretty big game for us.

There has been 30 meetings between the clubs in Paisley, Saints have won 16, Dumbarton have won 9 and there has been 5 draws.

Hard to pick out a memorable game over the years because during the mid 90's I was a youngster and over the years alcohol has done the damage. The game in August was memorable for all the wrong reasons, apart from a stunning goal from Agnew, it was the sign to come for a few months.

Looking back at the results there has been some high scoring encounters but I don't think we'll see many goals on Saturday.

There has been 30 meetings between the clubs in Paisley, Saints have won 16, Dumbarton have won 9 and there has been 5 draws.

Hard to pick out a memorable game over the years because during the mid 90's I was a youngster and over the years alcohol has done the damage. The game in August was memorable for all the wrong reasons, apart from a stunning goal from Agnew, it was the sign to come for a few months.

Looking back at the results there has been some high scoring encounters but I don't think we'll see many goals on Saturday.

Aye, our most memorable game up until this season was the 7-0 pumping we were handed in 2008 (for me in my young years anyway). Want to see how far each team has come? Here's the teams from that day:

St Mirren: Howard, Ross, Miranda, Haining, Potter, Mason, Dorman (Murray 73), Brady, Robb, Mehmet (Wyness 58), Hamilton (Dargo 57). Subs Not Used: Cuthbert, Smith.
Goals: Robb 18, Mehmet 33, Dorman 39, Mehmet 50, 52, Dargo 75, Mason 77.
Dumbarton: McEwan, Lennon, Wilson, O'Byrne, Gordon, Clark, Chisholm, Logan (Gray 66), Keegan (Tiernan 55), Gourlay (Brannan 56), Murray. Subs Not Used: Brittain, McGeown.
Paul Keegan replaced by Fergus Tiernan. The stuff of nightmares.

Aye, our most memorable game up until this season was the 7-0 pumping we were handed in 2008 (for me in my young years anyway). Want to see how far each team has come? Here's the teams from that day:

St Mirren: Howard, Ross, Miranda, Haining, Potter, Mason, Dorman (Murray 73), Brady, Robb, Mehmet (Wyness 58), Hamilton (Dargo 57). Subs Not Used: Cuthbert, Smith.
Goals: Robb 18, Mehmet 33, Dorman 39, Mehmet 50, 52, Dargo 75, Mason 77.
Dumbarton: McEwan, Lennon, Wilson, O'Byrne, Gordon, Clark, Chisholm, Logan (Gray 66), Keegan (Tiernan 55), Gourlay (Brannan 56), Murray. Subs Not Used: Brittain, McGeown.
Paul Keegan replaced by Fergus Tiernan. The stuff of nightmares.

Chizzy though :wub:

Jack Ross, Shug Murray, Dennis Wyness and Craig Dargo. Little did they know they'd all be remembered - in different ways - by Sons fans in years to follow. Jacko for being :wub:, Shug for vanishing, Wyness for scoring the slowest, worst goals you're ever likely to see, whilst looking like a divorced dad of three who slept in parks, and Dargo for his playoff antics.

Gary Wilson :lol: Did he not get sent off against Stenny and then have a car accident on the way home and rule himself out for the season?

Nightmare last 13 minutes :lol: ( I wisnae laughing at the Match )

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1993&GameID=2611

I was a steward back then. We were placed on the pitch for the last 15 minutes or so, just behind the St.Mirren goals.

It was hard to remain impartial as the third goal went in. :lol:

I fucking left with 15 minutes to go. Walked round to my Dad's picked up my wreck of a car to drive home to Gourock. Car only had a shitty radio that picked up MW, so just as I was passing Dumbuck lights, static gave way to Radio Scotland, announcing "The fightback at Boghead is complete, it's 3-3"

Seething, I was.

Used to be Borg, he's a complete rocket pay him no mind.

Will be another close game. We surely can't win 3 league home matches in a row after not winning any all season... Go for 1-1.

Remember Les fridge i think it was handing the ball to their striker after he fell foul of the back pass rule and the look on his face as the Dumbarton boy rolled that ball sideways for their oncoming player to stroke it into an empty net. That and Eddie Gallaghers hat-trick are all I can remember from that game bar the score line

Archived