QotS vs The Gers

Did you really think Atkinson had a good game? I was happy enough for him to start today, but I'll be surprised if he starts our next one, on that showing. He made a cracking stop with his foot in the first half, but that was only necessary because of the criminal fumble that preceded it. Late on, he also made a butter fingered flap at something comfortable that wound up hitting the bar. It seems too, that there's debate about the goal. My own view was that it was in the air for ages and given that the keeper wasn't moving, I was amazed to see it go in. At first, I thought it had landed on the roof of the net and was a bit close for comfort. We were much more deserving of a point today than we were at Ibrox in October. I loved the way we went for it after the goal. More of that please?

Your keeper seemed dodgy, we didn't test him enough when we should have been having pops at goal and putting him under pressure.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today proves what a brilliant decision it was to give Kenny Miller another year, he could end up being our most important player from now till the end of the season.

You may be right, but I'm still not sure it's something to brag about :lol:

Today proves what a brilliant decision it was to give Kenny Miller another year, he could end up being our most important player from now till the end of the season.

Without a doubt. Justifying the decesion to give him a new contract.

He has to start over Nicky Clark. Clark got given another chance to show what he could do and yet again he failed to deliver a good enough performance.

Did you really think Atkinson had a good game? I was happy enough for him to start today, but I'll be surprised if he starts our next one, on that showing.He made a cracking stop with his foot in the first half, but that was only necessary because of the criminal fumble that preceded it. Late on, he also made a butter fingered flap at something comfortable that wound up hitting the bar. It seems too, that there's debate about the goal.My own view was that it was in the air for ages and given that the keeper wasn't moving, I was amazed to see it go in. At first, I thought it had landed on the roof of the net and was a bit close for comfort.We were much more deserving of a point today than we were at Ibrox in October. I loved the way we went for it after the goal. More of that please?

I don't disagree that Atkinson looked a bit Shakey at times. Was that his third start of the season? Mind you, he didn't really have too much to do.

Still, I don't get the hard time he is getting about the goal. I thought Miller's shot was going into the garden across the road at first but it ended up in the top corner of the net.

For me it was one of those freak/perfect shots at goal and you just have to put your hands up an say so.

While I don't profess to be a goalkeeping expert, his positioning was fine but I can't think any other keeper would have saved it either. Even if he dived, he would still never have got to it.

Without a doubt. Justifying the decesion to give him a new contract.

He has to start over Nicky Clark. Clark got given another chance to show what he could do and yet again he failed to deliver a good enough performance.

I think he's on the bench due to his age, in fairness.

His pension clears between three and four on Saturdays, and he can't concentrate without knowing the money's in his account :P

I don't disagree that Atkinson looked a bit Shakey at times. Was that his third start of the season? Mind you, he didn't really have too much to do.

Still, I don't get the hard time he is getting about the goal. I thought Miller's shot was going into the garden across the road at first but it ended up in the top corner of the net.

For me it was one of those freak/perfect shots at goal and you just have to put your hands up an say so.

While I don't profess to be a goalkeeping expert, his positioning was fine but I can't think any other keeper would have saved it either. Even if he dived, he would still never have got to it.

I've only seen it once and that was live, from about eighty yards away.

I'm not claiming that it was a fluke, or that Miller wasn't meaning just that, because I'm sure he was. I just don't understand why a goalkeeper isn't scrambling frantically across his goal in pursuit of a ball that loops up into the air for ages. Perhaps I'm being unfair and will change my mind when I see it again.

Annoying though, because I thought we were the better side for much of the second half.

Away. You'd have saved it yourself.

As a 'Goalkeeper's Union' member, I'd like to officially stand up for Atkinson.

It was a belting strike, and the height that it gained made it near impossible for him to judge. The fact that it went so high - thus getting caught in the floodlights - and moved before dipping so viciously in off the post made it a hugely difficult save to make. I'd suggest that not a single 'keeper in this division would've saved it.

Why wasn't Thompson playing anyway?

I've not changed my mind. If Atkinson is moving across towards his post, he has every chance of saving that.Depressingly, I'm still waiting for Millar time.

C'mon MT his positioning wasn't bad. As I said earlier, even if he dived he wasn't saving it. I doubt many keepers would have saved that, Including internationalists.

Again, sometimes you just have to say well done to the striker.

The difference in opinion seems to be based on nobody being able to predict the ball was going in.

That's true, but if he'd started backpedalling when the ball was kicked, he'd have been within range to attempt a save when it reached the goal. I don't think it's asking much for a keeper to stay in the game until the ball's out of play.

The difference in opinion seems to be based on nobody being able to predict the ball was going in.

That's true, but if he'd started backpedalling when the ball was kicked, he'd have been within range to attempt a save when it reached the goal. I don't think it's asking much for a keeper to stay in the game until the ball's out of play.

Back peddling? He was a yard off his line ffs.

C'mon MT his positioning wasn't bad. As I said earlier, even if he dived he wasn't saving it. I doubt many keepers would have saved that, Including internationalists.

Again, sometimes you just have to say well done to the striker.

Nothing wrong with his positioning at all.

It was also a good shot by the striker. No goalkeeper should be rooted the spot though, when a shot spends that long in the air, unless he's stranded miles off his line. It doesn't even go in right under the bar - it's about a third of the way down.

I'd suggest that there was time for the goalkeeper to get across and at the very least, make an attempt at the save.

Archived