Ayr United vs Forfar Athletic

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd predict a crowd of around 900 which would probably be about 2-300 less than we could have expected. So that's probably 2.5k of lost revenue. Wonder what Alba pay the club to show the game? If less than 2.5k then you have to question the logic. Hypothetically, I wonder if the club could say no to televising the game?

I'd predict a crowd of around 900 which would probably be about 2-300 less than we could have expected. So that's probably 2.5k of lost revenue. Wonder what Alba pay the club to show the game? If less than 2.5k then you have to question the logic. Hypothetically, I wonder if the club could say no to televising the game?

Very old P&B thread (2009?) had home team getting £9,000 and away team £1,000.

I had a search on the internet and could find no figure other than the old P&B thread giving any sort of figures. I would have thought these payments would have had to be pretty transparent.

Very old P&B thread (2009?) had home team getting £9,000 and away team £1,000.

I had a search on the internet and could find no figure other than the old P&B thread giving any sort of figures. I would have thought these payments would have had to be pretty transparent.

I'd be very suprised if it was as much as that tbh. Alba don't have the viewership numbers to justify that kind of money on a "meh" fixture. I can see the derbies they've shown of Morton v St Mirren, or the Hibs/Falkirk games being worthy of that price but Ayr v Forfar?

I'd be very suprised if it was as much as that tbh. Alba don't have the viewership numbers to justify that kind of money on a "meh" fixture. I can see the derbies they've shown of Morton v St Mirren, or the Hibs/Falkirk games being worthy of that price but Ayr v Forfar?

I suspect it's a flat fee across the board, might be wrong though. As I said, very little on the internet.

It's part of the TV deal spread across all 42 clubs regardless of being on TV so we get "nothing" for it.

You only get an appearance fee for the cups.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

It's part of the TV deal spread across all 42 clubs regardless of being on TV so we get "nothing" for it.

You only get an appearance fee for the cups.

You actually get to "tape" scoring 3 goals whilst down to 9 men against a very poor Forfar side.

Don't know the reason why, but it's the same with live sky games. Both teams get the same amount. Albeit a lot more than what BBC Alba pay! (Around 85/90k each for sky)

No they don't.

I can only find information that backs up itzdrk.

Sketchy as that information is, it looks like the TV money is pooled and split between the 42 clubs.

Pooled and shared

post-21687-14558068736666_thumb.jpg

Think its been a ludicrous descion by all parties to show this game. Nobody out with Ayr or Forfar fans will watch this when an FA Cup game is on another channel. Also no punters that pay at the gate will go out on probably a pissing wet, cold night, when they could save £15 and watch it in the warmth of their living room.

Possibly the most pointless game Alba have shown this season

Archived