Inverness Caledonian Thistle (Bottlers) v Hibernian

Stephen Malkmus

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooonly Hibs could go 1-0 up and draw a game 1-1. Slavers :lol:

Mixed feelings with that one. The major negative is that we seem to have regressed to last year's team. I missed the start of the game thanks to the helpful geniuses at the ticket office and I apparently missed some good chances, but what I saw was textbook. Dominate the general play without creating that much and concede with our first shot against us. Can't complain when it keeps happening. Still can't deal with physical strikers either, yer man changed the game when he came on.

On the other hand, I would've taken a replay. Missing Cummings and Bartley was massive and I really, really didn't want to lose before the final. Today was also an improvement on recent weeks, which we needed.

Dreadful from Inverness today. That 3 at the back did not suit us especially with Tremarco charging out at every opportunity to go after the ball. Defensively we were poor as exemplified by that free kick in the first half when we didn't even bother to mark Mcgeouch. How Hibs never scored from that I don't know. As with recent games we had started not too bad but quickly regressed into our now familiar pass it sideways, don't go forward style which is tedious to watch. Great play from Hibs to open the scoring but I can't help but feel that, having quickly watched the game back, that we should have been tracking Keatings. It looked like Tansey just ran away from him having followed him into the box.

It wasn't until Horner came on and he decided to try and overlap a team mate to try and give us a wee bit more drive down the flanks that we came back into it. Horner did really well to get to the ball and dig out a cross, lovely touch from Roberts to lay it off to Mutumbo who seemed to take an eternity to get his shot away. Great scenes in the Inverness end when that went in. Scarcely deserved but still celebrated like it won us the cup. Storey should have scored with his chance not long after but it was a poor scuffed effort.

Pleased to somehow be in the competition but I am very concerned about how the team is playing right now. After a bright start we were shambolic for the next 60 minutes. Only a rare piece of direct, pacey attacking play got us back in it and that's maybe a message for Hughes given his apparent love for this pedestrian style of football which is at times dire to watch.

Thought we had an excellent away support down for the game. Meant to be around 800 - 900 which was far in excess what I thought we would have taken. Hopefully the replay is on TV as there's no way I'll get up for it. Shout out to for Crawford Allan who was garbage and the main stand linesman who somehow missed a Hibs player leathering Roberts with a kick in the second half. Some laughable decisions in that game. Also getting pretty fed up with some of the antics of our players. I'm probably blinkered but I don't remember seeing us being so niggly as we have been in recent weeks and throwing ourselves to the floor at times. Don't like seeing that from ICT.

Have to fancy Hibs for the replay given the players they will have back. Did notice a few sections of the home support booing Stokes and, I think, Henderson. Is that a recent thing given the down turn in form?

Shout out to for Crawford Allan who was garbage and the main stand linesman who somehow missed a Hibs player leathering Roberts with a kick in the second half.

What about Storey's kick out at McGregor? Didn't even get a booking for it somehow.

What about Storey's kick out at McGregor? Didn't even get a booking for it somehow.

Yeah that was also ridiculous and stupid from Storey. Appreciate that he might be frustrated with his form but that's asking for trouble.

Hibs bossed that game until ICT created their first chance and scored. Daylight robbery that they got a draw. Hibs sharper and stronger and won every 50-50 until the equaliser.

Had hibs to win and both teams to score. Useless Hibs c***s.

Went for a hot dog at half time but they'd run out. Useless hibs c***s.

Basically just useless hibs c***s.

ETA until the ICT 28 came on they were dogshit.

Inverness had only sold 457 tickets up until Thursday afternoon, so quite a phenomenal effort to bring as many as they did. Don't know if anyone on here will know her, but hope the woman who lost her car keys in the away end found them outside the ground. Can't imagine whoever she would've had to have asked to bring a spare set to Edinburgh would have been impressed.

Reassuring to come on here and learn that we looked just as shite on the TV as we did from the stand. 10 decent minutes at the start, 10 at the end when Hibs looked out on their feet, and for the rest of the game Hibs bossed it, occasionally allowing us to pass the ball horizontally around our own half until someone decided to hoof it to the perpetually-offside Storey. We really, really, really miss Shinnie and Watkins.

Terribly embarrassing to see Hughes debagging Mutombo in front of the support. You can tell he's just itching to run past the TV cameras windmilling his cock as he did in the good old days, but has just enough wit to realise that he'd end up on some sort of register if he did that, so he settles for pulling his substitute's shorts down instead.

Won't be on the 15th as we have the final on the 13th.

The way I see it, we'll either win both cups or we'll win neither. If we get the better of Ross County I can see that giving us all the confidence we need to press on for the other.

warnock.png

It was an interesting start to the game with the different formation. There isnt anything intrinsically right or wrong with playing a back three and we got forward well early on, forcing a series of corners and having most of the pressure and territory. Despite that, Hibs had the two best chances by far with Fon Williams making two amazing saves back to back and then the disallowed goal. Following that we fell back into the negative, backward approach that we saw at Tynecastle on Tuesday night. Hibs looked decent in the middle of the park but it was all a but of a battle as opposed to there being anyone clearly taking charge. Hibs were the better team though, probably from midway through the first half until the last 15.

We really improved when Horner and Mutumbo came on, a quite remarkable sentence but it's true. The goal was an excellent chase from Horner, who balanced the team coming on for Polworth, and a superb finish from Mutumbo. I have been a Mutumbo sceptic, to say the least, but he changed the game yesterday, simply by making positive runs, with and without the ball.

We emphasises possession so much over territory that we move back with the ball and either end up giving it away through mistakes or hitting a long ball because there's no options. We played similarly to this during the first few months of Hughes being in charge - the performance today reminded me of the the league cup final in 2014. We're so narrow, deep and always end up with so many men behind the ball, the only attacking was to hit a ball in for the strikers to run onto.

Off the pitch, I was pleased to see us taking a decent crowd down and there was a good atmosphere in our end, and from the Hibs fans. I love Easter Road as a stadium and the area around it.

Archived