Inverness Caledonian Thistle (Bottlers) v Hibernian

Stephen Malkmus

Reports that Josh Meekings and James Vincent will return for us, most likely on the bench. Most importantly Ross Draper will be back from suspension.

Hopefully to take as many bodies as possible.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're coming into this on the back of two horribly negative away performances, it doesn't bode well. We probably spent half the game on Tuesday night passing back and forth between our centre backs and just didn't manage anything going forward. We emphasise possession so end up going backwards and end up making risky passes in our own area and making mistakes. Hearts were very solid at the back, with a really disciplined back four and hard-working midfield and we just couldn't do anything against them. Our defence are always liable to make a mistake as well, although Meekings returning is a boost. I think we'd be significantly better off this season if we'd had Meekings and Warren as centre backs for the whole season.

I'd imagine we'll line up something like the way we did against Aberdeen and Celtic, hoping for a performance more akin to those than DUndee and Hearts.

----------------------Fon Wiliams----------------------

--Horner----Devine------Warren----Tremarco----

-----Polworth---Draper---Tansey---Vigurs--------

--Roberts------------------------------------Storey--

Roberts and Storey starting wide and cutting inside with the midfield four playing narrow and dominating the ball in the middle, with one of them breaking forward when able to.

It could work but I don't have huge confidence in our back four. No point having a great tactical plan if you get caught out by a long diagonal or a set piece, the way we have done in the past few games. Hibs have attacking players that can hurt us as well, although Cummings being out is a boost.

So who starts in place of Cummings? I wouldn't mind seeing Boyle given his chance. From what I e seen from Dagnall and Keatings recently they both look low on confidence. Stokes and Boyle upfront. With el alagui a plan B on the bench.

What time to pubs around Edinburgh open on a Sunday? I take it 12noon is the earliest you can get in anywhere?

Have a look at opening times for bars near the bottom of Leith Walk. Places like Central, Wilkies should be open earlier than that. Tam o Shanter and Marksman will be open early too but they're not to everyone's tastes.

Wilkies opens at 10 on Sunday. Have a look at place called Joker and the Thief closer to the ground. Used to open very early when it was Brunswick but recently changed and I doubt they'll open early anymore.

Archived