The P&B G Foreman Grill Club

Grim O'Grady

I'm aware there's a topic floating about on the subject of the grill itself but not a club, the slow pot bellied boilers have their own thread but who wants to wait for hours to get their tea cooked?

Hiya P&B GF Grillers, hiya pals,

Yesterday I made my very own "panini" on mine, with a cheese & mushroom filling.

Until recently (2009) I thought a panini was a football sticker? But hey fucking oh. I'm thinking of having one as a breakfast treat (a panini not a football sticker). I've only got cheese, mushroom & some leftover cucumber, didn't do the big shop yesterday. Wish I had some onion, I reckon that would be belting.

So what's your favourite culinary treat my fellow GF Grillers?

Also any top tips you've picked up along the way? Much appreciated pals.

Grimbo

Eta not using the cucumber btw I was just using that as an example to say how little we have in the fridge.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw one of these George Formby grills in Aldi the other day. Are they versatile enough to use everyday or would it be a thing to stick in a cupboard for use once a month?

I've used mine thrice this week.

Grimbo

Foremans are gash material.

This.

They are reasonable for things like making toasties.............kind of. I would also prefer the grill but it seems to be a wee bit quicker in the GF.

My mum makes square sausage in hers and its fucking hopeless. Completely tasteless.

My girlfriend doesn't even know we have one in the house. Its hidden in a cupboard in the kitchen. If she knew it existed she would be using it to make everything - bacon, toast, sirloin steaks...........soup. The lazy cow would put everything in it.

ETA - Not sure if this is just an urban legend but apparently the grill was supposed to be tagged with Hulk Hogan but he didn't want to be associated with it. Foreman has made a fortune in royalties.

This.

They are reasonable for things like making toasties.............kind of. I would also prefer the grill but it seems to be a wee bit quicker in the GF.

My mum makes square sausage in hers and its fucking hopeless. Completely tasteless.

My girlfriend doesn't even know we have one in the house. Its hidden in a cupboard in the kitchen. If she knew it existed she would be using it to make everything - bacon, toast, sirloin steaks...........soup. The lazy cow would put everything in it.

Just for clarity, are these the same?

Whilst this is undoubtedly a terrible topic it does put me in mind of being extremely stoned one night and making full foreman sized homemade burgers which were eaten inside naan breads. Just make the usual burger mix, spread OT out and close the lid for 15 minutes.Tremendous.

ETA - Not sure if this is just an urban legend but apparently the grill was supposed to be tagged with Hulk Hogan but he didn't want to be associated with it. Foreman has made a fortune in royalties.

I'd heard this before, a quick google confirms this is true. Foreman has made over $250 million in royalties since he became the face of the brand.

• 3 weeks later...

I did easy-peasy garlic bread (GARLIC - BREAD?)

Aye, bought some cheap rolls from Morrisons bakery, 5 for a quid, they do plain or flavoured ones.

Just sliced in 1/2 buttered, then some of that garlic from a wee jar. Slapped in to the grill 1/2 at a time, bloody gorge garlic bread in minutes.

Grimbo

I've been threatening to buy a GF grill for a while. The grill on my cooker is fucking useless.

It changed my life, you won't regret it (once you've mastered it).

Join the club Scotty.

Grimbo

Archived