Sat 20th Feb scores

dr lector

Thought Craigshill easily brushed aside the EOS cup holders but Doune definitely didn't get it their own way in the tie, The 2-0 scoreline definitely flattered them

I was at Bathgate yesterday and watched Craigshill v Steins and then Linlithgow V Doune.

Craigshill were comfortable winners there, also hearing some of their best players were missing makes them very strong contenders.

On the Linlithgow game, I thought Linlithgow dominated the 1st half, only to rue not taking very good chances and also hitting the wood work to go 1or 2 nil ahead.

2nd half Doune had a good 10 minute period , then it was all Linlithgow , again hitting the woodwork , having a shot cleared off the line followed by the Doune keeper producing a Top Drawer save .

Very high standard of football on show and with luck on their side Linlithgow should be in the next round, but the old cliche is you must take chances.

Doune had only 2 chances during the match , one from a free kick into the box and scored both.

1st time I have watched Linlithgow , they have a really good team there.

Doune Castle also Strong and must be favourites now

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colville were worthy winners, Greenock were no pushovers as the final score of 6-1,I think it was, would suggest. The game was played in the right spirit, hard but fair.

Colville had a cutting edge to their play whereas Greenock didn't. Good game in Baltic conditions.

Managed to watch the Dalziel v St Pats at the same time. In a keenly contested game St Pats took the lead early doors.

Dalziel came right back into it and managed to get themselves in front 3-1 by half-time although the saints were always dangerous, also playing lots of tidy football.

Second half, St Pats weren't to be denied,scoring another two before the 90 were up, their third being a sweet free kick from their number ten.

Both keepers made good stops to keep their teams in it.

Extra time and I was like a block of fucking ice. Dalziel scored their fourth early in the first period with a nice finish following some nice play.

St Pats number nine got sent off, no idea why, he threw toys and marched away. Dalziel finished of the scoring with a fifth.

Good competitive match. Over and out .

Fair comment on our game, Colville were worthy winners in a game where there clinical edge in front of goal was the big difference. We've played worse and won games. All the best to Colville for the remainder of the competition.

I heard through the grapevine last night that a certain team are being monitored for the behaviour of players and coaches in recent games lol!

Seemingly the powers that be have had quite a few complaints, they will need to keep a lid on it if they want to stay in the league!!!

It needs nipped in the bud pronto we don't want our league, which is known for its great reputation being brought into disrepute by what can only be described as a horrible gang of neds!!! And that's me being kind going by some of the stories I have heard...

Also hearing that a team playing in the Fosters Central league are now playing their home games away from the park that has been this club's home park for many years even long before this current regime took over,due to the fact that the manager of this club has been barred from the clubhouse for attacking the bar manager??

Don't know if this is correct but surely if it is the powers that be within this club would have taken action,or does the potential winning of trophies outweigh peoples morals.??

Lol i usaually stay away from the nonsense on the forum, but on this occasion i can't. Before you come on here talking shit get understanding of the facts. The club play away from Colville every winter so the park doesn't get damaged, that also happened before the current regime took over. We will be back at Colville in the coming weeks when the weather improves. With regards to someone attacking the bar manager im not even going to give that statement that time of day

Who mentioned any hate for any team?

I only said that I had heard this and at no time did I mention any team.

And if the story is in-correct then it is just people making stories up as usual,however surely the manager of this club can just deny it there and then

which will put it to bed.

And I thought this club had its own green-keepers that kept the San Siro in perfect nick??so how come they cant play on the park if this is the right reason?

I think he just put it to bed with last post did he not?? As for the (san siro) why would you destroy a crackin grass park by playing on it every week or so in the winter when you have 4g parks on your doorstep that can be used in the winter and keep the grass for the better weather?? This has been the way it has been done for past 2 seasons, clutching at straws now

Archived