Sat 20th Feb scores

dr lector

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colville 3 Dunblane1

Both teams started brightly, after only a couple of minutes mins, CP5 had to make a smart overhead hook to clear what could have been a dangerous situation.

After that, I felt for the next 15 or so, CP had the lions share of the possession, holding the ball and advancing towards the goal. Often thwarted by good defending or slack passing, which was evident on the night.!

CP3 carried a threat down the left, beating his man either on the outside or going inside, but a well marshalled defence weren't handing out presents.

Not many clear shots on goal, CP lacking an edge to their play and the GK not having to do a great deal.

They were up against a really good unit, strong, good at reading the game, defending in numbers. They were here to win.

First decent chance for DB was on 17 mins, the lively #7 found himself free on the angle in the box but his will hit shot beat the far post.

On 29 mins the visitors took the lead, #10 held off defender on the run in on goal, quickly brought it under control and coolly stuck it under an advancing keeper.

No cricket score here and no complaints, they had soaked up the CP pressure then applied their own. Game on.

Lots of decent possession for the last 15 or so by CP, but again no end product. Last couple of minutes they were awarded a set piece, a good delivery and a white jersey rose above everyone to meet it with the nut and stick it away into the roof of the net.

Half Time 1-1. Fair reflection of the game.

Couple of half time changes were made by the home team, to try and change their fortunes but the visitors were still strong.

The changes brought a more direct threat I felt, running straight at them and asking them to commit to a challenge. The pressure was piling on.

Ten minutes or so into the second half CP took the lead, a neat finish from close in after a good build up.

The changes, I felt, gave a better balance to the team, the left hand space so evident in first half was now filled with a white jersey.

The game moved from end to end, with no clear cut chances that stick out in my mind.

On 75 mins or so, and after some play down the left hand side, the CP player got himself manoeuvred into a bit of space in the box and stuck away a nice curling shot past the keeper.

It was the end of the scoring, but the game was still worth the viewing.

A good game, credit to Dunblane, thought the 14&16 in defence gave a strong display. They're certainly no mugs. Well done to them.????

Colville progress into the next round with a very hard fought victory. And that's what it's all about. ????

Gonna get pumped aye? gave a good display or ourselves, not many teams would be willing to go to Colville midweek and give them a game.

Colville dictated throughout and full deserved their win but twice this season weve made it very hard for them, were in our first season in Fosters, folk need to remember that... Were still a small team on the up

Ps report above is spot on, great to see someone write reports that arent biased on this forum.

Gonna get pumped aye? gave a good display or ourselves, not many teams would be willing to go to Colville midweek and give them a game.

Colville dictated throughout and full deserved their win but twice this season weve made it very hard for them, were in our first season in Fosters, folk need to remember that... Were still a small team on the up

Ps report above is spot on, great to see someone write reports that arent biased on this forum.

Your arse has collapsed in the league recently though. Few bad results. You might struggle to make the playoffs never mind win it.

You're certainly going in the right direction mate. A good solid outfit, a great foundation for a team. Add a bit more fire power possibly and you won't be far away I'd guess.

Good luck.

Remember, water of a ducks back. ????

Weve been poor recently and not ground out the results dont need to tell us that, were taking every game as it comes and if we make the playoffs great, if we dont we pick ourselves up, dust off and go again stronger next year!

Few new good signings and few back from injury so hopefully we'll kick on from here!

They are a considerable points difference behind now. OK 7 points doesn't seem a lot but it's hard to claw it back in this league. If they are lucky the top two will draw at the weekend. If my games off I'll pop along and watch that. Mill united top of the league and -2 goal difference lol

Looks like some people on here just like to talk nonsense. 7 points ahead of a team is nothing at this stage of the season, even more so when Dunblane have 3 games in hand to catch Mill United.

Leagues 1a & 1b seem almost almost to predict? I would be very surprised if there isn't changes to the top 2 come the end of the season. Haldane & Cambusnethan are strong favourites to finish in the top 2, probably top, but after that who knows. Possil & Pollok could make a surge up the table, Garrowhill in 1b. If Ashvale find some consistency they are more than capable of stringing 5/6 wins in a row together.

Haldane and dunblane will finish top 2 the rest of the teams are cutting eachothers throat, ashvale havent won 2 in a row and nearly halfway thru the season. Camby talbot and kilsyth will finish top 2 in 1a possil only won 3 games 2 against chryston and mearns who sit bottom and 2nd bottom.

I would be surprised at anything other than a Haldane win against Mill United.

It's all about opinions & I could be wrong but I think it's too early to write teams off with so many games still to play.

What's the general opinion of the 1st division leagues? Which is stronger? 1a or 1b?

Premier is Won already!

1a n 1b are decent leagues fancy Kilsyth to top 1a with playing Possal 2nd.

Haldane will drop points most definetly so they are there for catching! Decent but not great side! Do they have Bottle?

Dunblane mill utd postal all hunting them down

Midweek games will be crucial in both leagues!

Premier is Won already!

1a n 1b are decent leagues fancy Kilsyth to top 1a with playing Possal 2nd.

Haldane will drop points most definetly so they are there for catching! Decent but not great side! Do they have Bottle?

Dunblane mill utd postal all hunting them down

Midweek games will be crucial in both leagues!

Are mill united a decent team? I know every team has off days and iv only seen them play once this season but they were absolutely destroyed 5-0 by a bang average New Farm Loch team.

The journeyman,first of all i am certainly not clutching at straws,I only stated that I had heard this at our game on Saturday,and if its not true

then it clearly shows that there is some terribly jealous people out there trying to cause trouble,However you say that "he it put it to bed did he not",well no actually he never if you read his post!!!

As for playing on 4G surfaces then good luck to you,the club must have some cash up there if they can afford to play away from their home park when their park is lying unused each Saturday to protect it from the weather ;)

Does the Scotland ammy team not train on this park???

Archived