Issues with playing against an island team

AyrshireBeanCoonter

Of course players should be asked! It's not the committee who play on a Saturday! What use is it if the committee agree to travel to Arran and the players don't?

99% of players do not have a clue what goes on behind the scenes and how a club is run. They just turn up when asked. Of course players are going to say yes, it's an away day for them! It's the committee that have to think about raising the cash to travel, booking ferries etc...the committee are there to make those decisions, not players, in my opinion

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99% of players do not have a clue what goes on behind the scenes and how a club is run. They just turn up when asked. Of course players are going to say yes, it's an away day for them! It's the committee that have to think about raising the cash to travel, booking ferries etc...the committee are there to make those decisions, not players, in my opinion

Yeah but players have work commitments too, Saturday nights etc, so some may not make a trip to Arran or be willing to risk getting stuck over their for a night etc. Their wives might lose the plot if they end up staying overnight lolol! I agree players don't know the majority of the goings on behind the scenes but in this particular instance i think it needs run past them

I don't think people can judge this on money. The ferry costs £7.50 per person for a return and we would have transport sorted for teams to get to the pitch on Arran. I might be wrong but I think an extra £7.50 for 1 away game a year isn't too much to ask.

On another note do people think there are teams around North Ayrshire that would be willing to give some Arran boys a trial so they could travel away and play for a team on Saturdays? Obviously the difficulty is that these boys wouldn't be able to train midweek with the team.

There will be teams out there who have players who don't train because of work or other stuff but walks straight into the team because there good,so if you can only travel in Saturday but a right decent player then some team will take you

I don't think people can judge this on money. The ferry costs £7.50 per person for a return and we would have transport sorted for teams to get to the pitch on Arran. I might be wrong but I think an extra £7.50 for 1 away game a year isn't too much to ask.

On another note do people think there are teams around North Ayrshire that would be willing to give some Arran boys a trial so they could travel away and play for a team on Saturdays? Obviously the difficulty is that these boys wouldn't be able to train midweek with the team.

Might be worth sticking together as a team and see how the leagues pan out as due to odd numbers in the league and teams on cup runs there's potential for a friendly every other week. And if this works out well re-apply next year and maybe prove that it's possible if no hiccups occur during said friendlys

100% spot on in my opinion.

Arran would the WASAFA league be any interest to you? Maybe a chance of getting into that league. Not sure about Sunday ferry times though....

Wasafa is becoming a bit of a shambles anyway mate. Make up there rules as they go along and teams pull out on matchday with not enough players. No good that if the Arran team are already on a ferry lol

Might be worth sticking together as a team and see how the leagues pan out as due to odd numbers in the league and teams on cup runs there's potential for a friendly every other week. And if this works out well re-apply next year and maybe prove that it's possible if no hiccups occur during said friendlys

If they don't get accepted into a league then they won't be permitted to play friendlies and the Ayrshire AFA teams won't be permitted to play them

"Mixed training session between the 2 teams" also helps if anyone needs to claim on the insurance allegedly :angel

we will be making a jont over for a training session followed by a camping and bevy session

Nae surprise there dannyhead91 there a bunch o FUDS to full o there own importance sorry that you never got a chance to put your case to them they could have sent there aafa select team with there committee to at least see how you planned to work things (do they get cheap ferry tickets wae there bus passes) most o them will have them

Archived