Dunfermline Athletic vs Stranraer

I'm surprised Dunfermline humped stranrear as stranrear are a good footballing team.

It's a strange one as we do have a decent squad of players with a few really top players in the division but we have had some of our worst performances in years this season and although we lost our manager and a raft of players we kept more than half last years team , even on our recent good run we had 3 draws on the trot and just not able to play at our best ... But as you can see in my post I'm not a fan of playing guys out of position....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their defence fell apart like a poorly made pastry after we got into gear in the second half. Never looked like a 6-1 game in the first half.

Was it a case that stranrear played open game

I'm Airdrie fan we beat you sat in tried to hit break frustrate.

No we just played crap and the pars played well. Exposed us playing badly and giving the ball away. It happens. Hopefully it doesn't happen against the other teams though. The pars are a far better outfit this season. Confident side who have goals from all areas of pitch.

No we just played crap and the pars played well. Exposed us playing badly and giving the ball away. It happens. Hopefully it doesn't happen against the other teams though. The pars are a far better outfit this season. Confident side who have goals from all areas of pitch.

Agreed Dunfermline are a decent side that will probably win the league , but they have been winning by the odd goal and as previous poster said Airdrie beat them , no excuse for us to lose so heavily from reports it could have been more .... Yes we have no right to win games but at least we should be putting up a better fight and making it more difficult , I've forgotten how many game we have lost by 3 goals or more , I'm sure someone will tell me .

Anyway last nights results I think we're not the worst for us , we dropped a place but can't really get a true idea of where we are until the other teams around us have played their games in hand , Forfar look a poor side but they are the very team that could come to Stair Park and win ,

Agreed Dunfermline are a decent side that will probably win the league , but they have been winning by the odd goal and as previous poster said Airdrie beat them , no excuse for us to lose so heavily from reports it could have been more .... Yes we have no right to win games but at least we should be putting up a better fight and making it more difficult , I've forgotten how many game we have lost by 3 goals or more , I'm sure someone will tell me .

Anyway last nights results I think we're not the worst for us , we dropped a place but can't really get a true idea of where we are until the other teams around us have played their games in hand , Forfar look a poor side but they are the very team that could come to Stair Park and win ,

You were going fine for about 50 minutes to be fair. You pulled a goal back but then lost a really poor goal from a corner and then it was very comfortable.

I think Stranraer made the mistake of trying to go toe to toe with us and were left hideously exposed for pace.

SPL sides like Ross County and Dundee were caught out so with the likes of makeshift defenders like Bell there was only one outcome.

Stranraer are a decent well organised side who on their day could easily frustrate us and nick a result with the likes of Gibson and co.

Any side who goes full out to attack us in this league has been caught out. That's why we are up against teams who sit in every week. JJ didn't have the ability to overcome this but AJ knows this league well.

Ok so you stop Fais, maybe Cardle then when about Moffat? His ability to hold up the ball is excellent and very hard to snuff out I would imagine.

I think Stranraer made the mistake of trying to go toe to toe with us and were left hideously exposed for pace.

SPL sides like Ross County and Dundee were caught out so with the likes of makeshift defenders like Bell there was only one outcome.

Stranraer are a decent well organised side who on their day could easily frustrate us and nick a result with the likes of Gibson and co.

Any side who goes full out to attack us in this league has been caught out. That's why we are up against teams who sit in every week. JJ didn't have the ability to overcome this but AJ knows this league well.

Ok so you stop Fais, maybe Cardle then when about Moffat? His ability to hold up the ball is excellent and very hard to snuff out I would imagine.

Very decent post DAFC,maybe us scoring early in the second half gave us delusional confidence,but as I say decent post.

Archived