Dunfermline Athletic vs Stranraer

First of three consecutive home games in 10 days for the mighty Pars. Really should be looking for maximum points but might need to switch a few players around if there any knocks or suspensions. By all accounts we should have battered Brechin on Saturday if we'd taken some easy chances, so don't know if we need to making any unenforced changes. Two goals for Wallace for the Under 20s though, any chance he comes in for Paton or Moffat?

Stranraer have picked up some good results in 2016, only losing to Celtic and Peterhead and there's no shame in losing to either of those teams. We've had two pretty comfortable wins against Brian Reid's side this season but I'm sure it will be a bit trickier this weekend, although I still expect us to go and win the match. We need to, with Peterhead having a home banker against Brechin.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-0 home win.

Great to see Williamson back for the U20s, surely he's only a few weeks away from first team football?

Don't want to rush him back, especially if we keep winning games. If the title is sorted will four or five games to spare then we can slot him and a few of the fringe and Under 20 guys in for the dead rubbers at the end of the season.

For the time being, let him get a few Under 20 games under his belt and maybe put him on the bench for first team matches. Bring him on for 10-15 minutes so he can get his match sharpness back. He's been out for six months after all.

Would maybe change things around for the Stenny game if some of them are a bit knackered to accommodate for the Albion game taking place 3 days later. Albion will probably be a tougher game than Stenny.

For now though, no need to change the squad. Usual suspects to face Stranraer. Going for a 4-1 win for the Pars in this.

Since we signed Cammy Belford from Wrexham our defence has become much more solid,only 2 goals conceded in 6 games and 4 shut outs.An old favourite of EEP,Steven Bell,has moved to the back 4 and along with Falkirk loanee Liam Dick we seemed to have found a solid defence.I do concede this will be our biggest test since Belford arrived but he seems a very confident keeper.I think the first 20 minutes is vital for Stranraer,keep it tight early doors and get a foothold on the game.This is a much different blues team since our last meeting but with Paul Cairney and Wullie Gibson in our team you always feel something special can happen,we shall see.

Since we signed Cammy Belford from Wrexham our defence has become much more solid,only 2 goals conceded in 6 games and 4 shut outs.An old favourite of EEP,Steven Bell,has moved to the back 4 and along with Falkirk loanee Liam Dick we seemed to have found a solid defence.I do concede this will be our biggest test since Belford arrived but he seems a very confident keeper.I think the first 20 minutes is vital for Stranraer,keep it tight early doors and get a foothold on the game.This is a much different blues team since our last meeting but with Paul Cairney and Wullie Gibson in our team you always feel something special can happen,we shall see.

Cairney and Gibson are two players that can be very creative on their day and could potentially cause us big problems. Decent stat regarding the defensive record lately but I would be surprised if we didn't score at least one. 3-1 Dunfermline.

I'd go with the same team as last week. Only change I'd consider making would be Hopkirk or Wallace in for Paton. Paton was excellent first 6-7 games of the season but he's been inconsistent for a while, give one of the other boys a chance.

I'd go with the same team as last week. Only change I'd consider making would be Hopkirk or Wallace in for Paton. Paton was excellent first 6-7 games of the season but he's been inconsistent for a while, give one of the other boys a chance.

You do realise he set up both the goals against Brechin?

You do realise he set up both the goals against Brechin?

Fortunately for 1st one, when Faissal played ball to him it looked like he took an air shot at the ball and was lucky to get second chance to play the ball to Josh

I don't think he's been excellent at all tbh. He started the season very well but he's actually been quite disappointing recently.

Meant to add in the fact I've seen us play 4 times this season, the rest I've seen is just highlights, from which he hasn't looked too bad.

I think I've mentioned this on another thread, but I actually feel kinda sorry for him having made such an impressive start that his more recent performances will have looked poor in comparison. At least we know he has the quality, just need that consistency in quality of his performances.

Paton also had Williamson/Martin alongside him earlier in the season. Pretty sure we had a steadier supply of goals from wide right when they were in the team, getting to the byeline and into the box.

That's true but doesn't account for why Paton himself hasn't been putting in as many good crosses as earlier in the season. He should certainly score more goals.

It's sort of nitpicking I guess. He hasn't been poor for a number of games but he's capable of a lot more.

That's true but doesn't account for why Paton himself hasn't been putting in as many good crosses as earlier in the season. He should certainly score more goals.

It's sort of nitpicking I guess. He hasn't been poor for a number of games but he's capable of a lot more.

Paton does seem to be performing below the level he should be performing at tbf

If he was playing at his best he'd be challenging Cardle/Fez as our best player imo

Archived