Aliens.

Ludo*1

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reckon there is life out there.

However evolved/advanced it's probably incapable of visiting our planet. Similarly that we aren't advanced enough to visit them.

We struck it lucky with the Earth in terms of the 'Goldilocks Zone', but there are other planets discovered that fall within.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect the atmosphere of Saturn is one gigantic life form packed with electrical and chemical neural connections that created the rings to stop the sky looking so boring. It started trying to contact us by changing ring patterns but stopped when the lead character in Death in Paradise was changed and has now vowed eternal silence.

Only God bothering Old Testament believing fruit loops believe there isn't any life out there.

I don't believe anyone came to earth to monitor us although I can't be 100% as I wasn't there when the pyramids went up.

If they are like Scarlet Johansson in Under The Skin, I'd be happy for one to pick me up in her transit van. The distances, and more pertinently the time it would take to travel these distances, could make it highly unlikely us humans will ever encounter anyone else out in deep space. We can see light out there than began its journey before earth was even formed - our species could be a tiny blip that nobody else will ever find out about.

The chances of intelligent life able to detect Human activity within the last 200 or so years must be pretty remote, and vice versa. 200 light years is tiny in cosmic terms, there are probably thousands of isolated intelligent worlds in the galaxy totally unaware of each other. The first and last contact we'll have is when the self replicating machines arrive.

It's obvious that there is other intelligent life out there due to the size of the universe but there's many factors that restrict the chances of them getting advanced enough to reach us.

Getting a planet that's allowed to develop for enough time to allow intelligent life.

Looking in the right direction and with the right equipment.

Being able to develop technology to transport them.

Being lucky enough to survive the trip.

Also if you observed our planet you wouldn't really want to stop here would you?

The chances of intelligent life able to detect Human activity within the last 200 or so years must be pretty remote, and vice versa. 200 light years is tiny in cosmic terms, there are probably thousands of isolated intelligent worlds in the galaxy totally unaware of each other. The first and last contact we'll have is when the self replicating machines arrive.

That's US. We ARE the self-replicating machines.

MWAAHAAHAAHAA.......

• 7 months later...

Extra-terrestrial reptilian overlords confirmed?

Wikileaks hacks include emails from an Apollo astronaut to an adviser to President Obama, now Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, regarding aliens and how they will not share their technology with us until we stop being violent. The Pope's in on it too apparently.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wikileaks-emails-aliens_us_57fd14b4e4b068ecb5e1eb1f

Wikileaks hacks include emails from an Apollo astronaut to an adviser to President Obama, now Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, regarding aliens and how they will not share their technology with us until we stop being violent. The Pope's in on it too apparently.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/wikileaks-emails-aliens_us_57fd14b4e4b068ecb5e1eb1f

I knew the Pope had something to do with holding back the new iPhone.

If there are aliens visiting Earth - why do they abducted only Americans.
It's a long way back to Alpha Centauri and all that Country and Western music would do my head in.
No I don't want to salute the flag
No I don't want to sing the Star Spangled Banner
I would head straight back to Earth, put them back and conclude that kidnapping was a bad idea.

Then again - maybe they abduct people from other countries that are easier to put with.

7 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Mitchell sharing his alien theories is nothing new. The two emails are merely things he sent / or discussions about what he sent to Podesta.

Archived