CRUCIAL LANARKSHIRE DERBY

A lot at stake in this game, a Motherwell win could see them more or less safe, barring a late bottle crash, and making Accies survival hopes all the more bleak. But an Accies win and we pull them right back down beside us titering over the play off spot.

Obviously there's no guarantees no matter what the outcome, but if we lose this its hard to see how we won't end up in the play off spot, we got a good result against Celtic, but it means nothing if we lose this.

Can see him going with the same team, but I'd like to see Brophy and Morris up top to start, I feel we really should take the game to them early and rattle them, before they get a rhythm going.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An important game for both clubs. We're long overdue a good result at Hamilton and Saturday would be a perfect time to address that deficiency. A goal would constitute a good but limited start. The team will need to match Accies' abrasive demeanour and give as good as we get.

Accies will be pleased at taking a point off Celtic and to an extent they'd be justified but the failure to take all 3 points against a 10 man team at home will rankle a bit I suspect. Our generous habit of extending a helping hand to teams on a bad run will need to be suspended, for a week at least, if we are to take anything from the game.

COYW

Massive game and it'll be interesting to see whether Canning goes for the 5-4-1 again. The "derbies" have lost their bite a wee bit but most of them have been memorable for different reasons (the last one at NDP was pretty boring, though).

haud the bus. just looking at Accies results, have they only won 1 of their last 20 games? vs Killie on Jan 30th?

We've won 3 times since we beat you in September (Killie the following week, United in November and Killie in January). I don't know how many games that has been but, yes, we've been shite for months and were bottom of the form table prior to this weekend and may still be (I only know we were bottom because they said prior to Friday's game so no idea now).

We've won 3 times since we beat you in September (Killie the following week, United in November and Killie in January). I don't know how many games that has been but, yes, we've been shite for months and were bottom of the form table prior to this weekend and may still be (I only know we were bottom because they said prior to Friday's game so no idea now).

Ahhh, the Sky Sports page I was looking at had the United game in November down as 1-1.

http://www.skysports.com/hamilton-academical-results

I hate going to NDP since our record there is abysmal. It's been a long time since we scored in Hamilton never mind got any points in the league.

The fact McGhee is the only Motherwell manager to win at NDP gives a glimmer of hope but I can't see it. I'd take a draw but can see it being 1 or 2 nil to Accies

I'm on the home win bandwagon not in a particularly 'doom' sense just that even overlooking our poor record there it's not the sort of game I can see us turning up for.

We generally gift teams on a poor run points see St Johnstone the other week after a decent result against United. Accies at new year. Unless there's been a total sea change in mentality of the players I can see us still being very much 1 step forward, 2 back.

I'd think that the fact Accies seem to be able to shitfest their way to points would mean that they're the more likely than us.

A red card is almost guaranteed along with 90mins of almost unwatchable football.

Not normally in the doom and gloom camp - but I make an exception for NDP games as I've never walked out of there happy in my life. Am I right in saying that the game we won there in the bottom 6 in McGhee's last stint was our only win there? ever? even though one of our games there was against albion rovers? (missed it obvs.)

I'll be there with expectation levels set for "grim defeat/Dougie Imrie hatrick" and take it from there....

Archived