CRUCIAL LANARKSHIRE DERBY

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every single well supporter being searched on the way into stadium. Fucking nonsense.

Makes me wonder where on Earth they hid the flare on the way in.

Crap game, Motherwell marginally less shite and they never looked like losing. Accies lacked .... a frickin clue. Highlight was McGhee wanting a square go with the kitman. And the final whistle.

Clueless Canning,yet more defensive guff against a side with a bad defence.Six months without a home win and with this crap we are watching,it won't change soon.

All easily avoidable if the BOD had allowed a change of Manager/decent striker to be signed in January.Watching this turgid,boring crap is worse than the bad old Seaside Leagues days.At least then,we had reasons why we were so bad.

What's lyons role in the team??? Ziggy just played rb and Lyon just got in the way offered nothing

Ziggy is better at CB in this role and we don't have another RB. Lyon is genuinely only there because we have absolutely no-one else.

First half was a good game we were the better team and created some decent chances but almost gifted Accies two goals through shoddy defending.

Not much happened in the second half and it was a dynamite save by McGovern for the penalty to be fair.

Feels good that the seven year curse is finally over and the table looks much better tonight.

Well fans singing Pride of Lanarkshire - nah you're just less shite than us. I doubt Lanarkshire is proud of either of us at the moment.

Embarrassing display from Accies, there is no sign of any plan, no joined up thinking and sadly just no enthusiasm from most of the players.

Brophy made a difference when he came on but he is one man and not enough to save us.

Our only hope is that with yet another defeat, the board finally see sense and ditch Canning but in my heart of hearts I know that's wishful thinking.

Also WTF was going on at the turnstiles today? PATG fans treated like an inconvenience and being made to wait while all the comps get priority. Usual poor organisation at NDP on big match days.

Well done to our neighbours, enjoy your night.

Mackinnon was the sponsors motm. Just let that sink in. I think the company name was Dipshit and Clusterfuck.

MacKinnon (rather surprisingly) wasn't awful, in my opinion, and was actually one of the better performers. I'd say Ziggy and McGovern were better, though.

P5vjklHg5MqqY.gif

Walking out of NDP Happy - didn't know what to do with myself - but what a fucking relief.

Not the greatest game to say the least - but its a measure of how abject we've been at Hamilton for years that today felt like a great performance. We might not have been great but in players like McDonald and Cadden, we had a fair bit more quality than Accies who were as abject as I've seen in this fixture.

It should have been easier of course with the penalty miss - but leaving aside the good save, I thought that the referee away for ages telling people off when Moult was standing over the ball was outrageous - surely the 4th official can deal with handbags in the dugouts?

We are on decent enough form - but a win over Utd on Friday and nothing else will do if our v. slim hopes of Top 6 are to stay alive....

It was day when the result mattered more than the performance. We just deserved to win and over the piece were marginally the better side. Accies however had some decent chances especially in the first half but failed to take them. The ref took a strong line early on and booked 3 Accies players justifiably for bad tackles and perhaps that took the sting out of their play - who knows? Good to see Louis Laing lash an unstoppable close range shot into the net at a critical time.

Second half was bit better until the last 20 minutes or so when we sat back and invited Accies onto us. A risky strategy in my view as it only takes one blunder, deflection, refereeing error to lose a goal. McGovern did well at the penalty but these things are more often than a matter of luck. I just wish Accies would cut out the diving though - there's no need for it.

A huge result for us but it drags Accies deeper into the relegation mire.

Archived