Hearts fans. Worse than the Old Firm

Right, lets put this whole alleged incident into context.

Reports say, ''The Kilmarnock player alleges that an abusive comment was made relating to his nationality by an individual seated within the home end at Tynecastle.The alleged abusive remark related to the player being Irish. The player is from Northern Ireland. To clarify, this allegation does not involve the player's colour, religion or sexuality.

Whilst not condoning any kind of bigotry, racist or homophobic abuse at any level, I find it a wee bit sad and to be honest, embarassing for the player, that he felt it necessary to report this minor incident to the Police.

Surely much worse than this is shouted from most terracings on a weekly basis and imo says as much about the player feeling it necessary to report this, as the p***k who shouted it .

Yep. Should have just ignored it as some jolly good bants'

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This, x 100mand it's difficult to dispute when you look at their recent track record.

Smashing up Fir Park

No excuses for Fir Park. Stupid wee boys who call themselves the 'Style Mile Vandals' responsible and disliked in Celtic circles. Basically a bunch of neds.

Smashing up Dens Park

Never happened.

Rioting in Amsterdam and countless European sanctions

C'mon even you are not going to be so stupid as to put that out there. Our fans got attacked both in Glasgow and Amsterdam and then when it happens again in the square our fans defend themselves.

Looting kiosks at Tynecastle

More BS

All their 'political' Look at us, Look at us demonstrations

You mean our fans campaigning against the Offensive Behaviour at football act? Strange you brought that up since your own clubs fans joined ours at the demo in George Sq & have probably been the 2nd or 3rd most vocal set of fans to oppose this act.

worst in this country.

Right, lets put this whole alleged incident into context.

Reports say, ''The Kilmarnock player alleges that an abusive comment was made relating to his nationality by an individual seated within the home end at Tynecastle.The alleged abusive remark related to the player being Irish. The player is from Northern Ireland. To clarify, this allegation does not involve the player's colour, religion or sexuality.

Whilst not condoning any kind of bigotry, racist or homophobic abuse at any level, I find it a wee bit sad and to be honest, embarassing for the player, that he felt it necessary to report this minor incident to the Police.

Surely much worse than this is shouted from most terracings on a weekly basis and imo says as much about the player feeling it necessary to report this, as the p***k who shouted it .

:1eye

If someone called you a Scottish p***k would you actually feel like you were a victim?

Neither you nor me have an idea exactly what was said, so to try and explain away how you think someone should deal with something without knowing the facts fully is idiotic.

No excuses for Fir Park. Stupid wee boys who call themselves the 'Style Mile Vandals' responsible and disliked in Celtic circles. Basically a bunch of neds.

Never happened.

C'mon even you are not going to be so stupid as to put that out there. Our fans got attacked both in Glasgow and Amsterdam and then when it happens again in the square our fans defend themselves.

More BS

You mean our fans campaigning against the Offensive Behaviour at football act? Strange you brought that up since your own clubs fans joined ours at the demo in George Sq & have probably been the 2nd or 3rd most vocal set of fans to oppose this act.

worst in this country.

Re Dens Park: "Never happened" Yes it did and an official from Dundee openly described it as being like a throwback to the seventies and was one of the occasions where Pious Pete(Lawwell) was forced to come out and 'apologise' in the standard statement about a tiny minority, Celtic have a great reputation, bla bla bla.

Re Amsterdam: So a 50 strong crowd were 'defending themselves' when they attacked lone police officers? I'm sure there's a video of that somewhere, I'll look it up for you. :)

Re Tynecastle looting: Again, it happened. I got it from the horses mouth from a kiosk worker during a match between Hearts and your mob in November 2010.

Re political demonstrations: "You mean our fans campaigning against the Offensive Behaviour at football act?" No I don't. I mean your fans holding up massive banners about 'Bloostained Poppies' and comparing William Wallace to Bobby Sands. I know the second example there was about the OB Act, but still, championing Irish hunger strikers inside a football ground? Way to go.

I am fully aware that some Motherwell fans also joined in with the Fans Against Criminalisation lot in George Sq, and that's something that doesn't sit well with me because the FAC is patently nothing more than a Celtic driven vehicle which is aimed at benefitting Celtic fans and Celtic fans only. The fact that some of our fans chose to play useful idiot to this is not something that pleases me, because this 'campaigning' against this act - an act which Celtic and their support are partly responsible for being in place to start with - is basically pushing for Celtic fans to be allowed to behave and sing what they want, whilst punishing anyone else who might sing a naughty song which offends them. Our fans should be steering well clear of this and not get involved.

Neither you nor me have an idea exactly what was said, so to try and explain away how you think someone should deal with something without knowing the facts fully is idiotic.

I'm going by all the reports I've read and whilst they may or may not be accurate, I'm afraid that's all I can go on as it stands at present.

If it transpires anything worse was said, then that's a different matter.

So "if" they are actual and accurate and he was called an Irish p***k, I'll ask you again, would you feel a "victim" if someone called you a Scottish p***k?

I'm going by all the reports I've read and whilst they may or may not be accurate, I'm afraid that's all I can go on as it stands at present.

If it transpires anything worse was said, then that's a different matter.

So "if" they are actual and accurate and he was called an Irish p***k, I'll ask you again, would you feel a "victim" if someone called you a Scottish p***k?

If I wasn't in Scotland and someone called me a "Scottish b*****d" for doing my job then I'd feel I'd been abused on grounds of my nationality, but the effects of such an insult on me are irrelevant as it wasn't me. Ifs and buts are of no consequence as there has been no full and frank discussion publically by the parties confirming what was or was not said, so this entire conversation of hypotheticals that you propose is moot and pointless and serves only to give you an unjustified platform to write off the man's complaint as it was a supporter of the team you support who is alleged to have given him cause to complain.

Re Dens Park: "Never happened" Yes it did and an official from Dundee openly described it as being like a throwback to the seventies and was one of the occasions where Pious Pete(Lawwell) was forced to come out and 'apologise' in the standard statement about a tiny minority, Celtic have a great reputation, bla bla bla.

You said they smashed up Dens Park. No they didn't. There was a small disturbance that was over exaggerated and Lawell was criticised for apologising without actually having a clue what went on.

Re Amsterdam: So a 50 strong crowd were 'defending themselves' when they attacked lone police officers? I'm sure there's a video of that somewhere, I'll look it up for you. :)

Yes...I've also posted a comment from a Celtic supporting police officer who was there. Although I'm sure you and your Daily Record version of events must know better!

Re political demonstrations: "You mean our fans campaigning against the Offensive Behaviour at football act?" No I don't. I mean your fans holding up massive banners about 'Bloostained Poppies' and comparing William Wallace to Bobby Sands. I know the second example there was about the OB Act, but still, championing Irish hunger strikers inside a football ground? Way to go.

So you have a problem with free speech then? Maybe you should set up a protest group to counter your fans 'Heavy Hands' campaign.

I am fully aware that some Motherwell fans also joined in with the Fans Against Criminalisation lot in George Sq, and that's something that doesn't sit well with me because the FAC is patently nothing more than a Celtic driven vehicle which is aimed at benefitting Celtic fans and Celtic fans only. The fact that some of our fans chose to play useful idiot to this is not something that pleases me, because this 'campaigning' against this act - an act which Celtic and their support are partly responsible for being in place to start with - is basically pushing for Celtic fans to be allowed to behave and sing what they want, whilst punishing anyone else who might sing a naughty song which offends them. Our fans should be steering well clear of this and not get involved.

Yes it was set up by Celtic fans for Celtic fans but it has since become a lot more than this. If you 'like' their Fb page and educate yourself on the group, you will see they have promoted struggles that Partick Thistle fans, Motherwell fans, even Rangers fans have had. This is a matter that affects us all and as such should see footballing differences put aside. Says a lot more about those who can't!

If I wasn't in Scotland and someone called me a "Scottish b*****d" for doing my job then I'd feel I'd been abused on grounds of my nationality, but the effects of such an insult on me are irrelevant as it wasn't me. Ifs and buts are of no consequence as there has been no full and frank discussion publically by the parties confirming what was or was not said, so this entire conversation of hypotheticals that you propose is moot and pointless and serves only to give you an unjustified platform to write off the man's complaint as it was a supporter of the team you support who is alleged to have given him cause to complain.

The fact I'm a Hearts supporter is neither here nor there and to be honest, it's a wee bit desperate you're trying to use that to put forward your argument.

I once again agree with you that all the facts of what was or wasn't said have still to come out , but once again , as like most news stories, we can only base judgment on what we know at any given time.

Maybe we should wait and see the full report and follow on our discussion later, as we're obviously not going at agree at the moment.

Ha-ha....so now your argument is exposed by one of your fellow fans, you are twisting it to what kind of experience he had.

If I was in a minority with opposition fans then my experience wouldn't be as good as one of being in a majority with my own fellow fans.

#yerclutchingatstraws

"Exposed" :lol:

Pete doesn't have a problem going into pubs in those areas, I would. I thought it would be pretty obvious when I said that I wouldn't go to these pubs that the experience therein is a pretty big factor in whether I'd return or not. Glasgow has plenty of pubs in the city centre where I know I can drink before or after a game and enjoy the experience better than I could in the Louden Tavern e.g. with their 'party tunes' on.

Again, that's just personal preference.

Archived