Falkirk vs Alloa

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a particularly stupid comparison. I was at a midweek Highland League match earlier this season to which Fraserburgh brought about 5 supporters. A rare Scottish Cup tie away to a second tier team was obviously a much bigger attraction than a run of the mill away league fixture and brought out lots of day trippers. There is nothing novel about Falkirk away for Alloa and after losing an absolutely crucial 6 pointer with an abject performance a week earlier, there wasn't much hope of us winning either. Our away support is small in number anyway, it's no surprise extra numbers didn't travel in the circumstances.

People who can't grasp this kind of thing are probably the same ones who judge a player on a short spell in the wrong position as a youngster, disregarding several seasons of excellence since his proper position.

I can't believe how poor the Falkirk crowd was yesterday. Pitiful that they sold around 18,000 tickets for the cup final last year but only had about 3,700 at the match yesterday...

Think is you didn't play that way maybe you should have but it was refreshing to see & im not being patronising

Sounds if we didn't do that badly yesterday going by the posts on here. We've improved under Jack Ross and look like we would do ok under him next season.

Sounds if we didn't do that badly yesterday going by the posts on here. We've improved under Jack Ross and look like we would do ok under him next season.

Everyone I spoke too were comparing this Alloa team with the shambles of a Stirling Albion team 5 years ago.

Everyone I spoke too were comparing this Alloa team with the shambles of a Stirling Albion team 5 years ago.

This is the worst Alloa team I've saw in my twenty years of supporting them. Some slack is due because of the strong league we are in and being part time but the manner in which we approached this season was wrong. Hopefully next season we get back to playing proper sides pre season instead of the Boys Brigade and Rotary Club.

Big difference between us and that shambles of a Stirling team you mention is that we keep our house in order.

Neither.

Just unbiased.

Yes.

I'm saying the ref was rubbish to cover up for our defeat.

Have a look at the Sibbs tackle too.

Certainly everyone near me was shouting and laughing at the ref.

If he didn't know his default was give the decision to Alloa

Not much in it with possession and shots.

Seems Alloa have only got better in goals looking at that.

We've been watching them all season. It's the worst side in the Championship, but they're still light years ahead of the side that Falkirk somehow didn't beat at the start of the season, and have consistently looked more capable than they did around the time of the last game in Grangemouth. Not sure why that would matter to a Falkirk fan either way, though. You got your points; good luck in the play-offs.

This is the worst Alloa team I've saw in my twenty years of supporting them. Some slack is due because of the strong league we are in and being part time but the manner in which we approached this season was wrong. Hopefully next season we get back to playing proper sides pre season instead of the Boys Brigade and Rotary Club.

Is it safe to say that our pre-season was a massive f**k-up yet? It wasn't always the most popular of opinions last summer/autumn, but surely by now it's fair to say that our problems have stemmed from that long period of inactivity, after which we ended up scrabbling around for scraps and hoping completely unproven players would become the backbone of the team.

Yes.

Aye, we've had several games this season where it's seemed like the ref's default position has been to give decisions to the away side.

Hopefully most folk realise that's likely to be utter keich in the cold light of day, however.

We've been watching them all season. It's the worst side in the Championship, but they're still light years ahead of the side that Falkirk somehow didn't beat at the start of the season, and have consistently looked more capable than they did around the time of the last game in Grangemouth. Not sure why that would matter to a Falkirk fan either way, though. You got your points; good luck in the play-offs.

Cheers.

I missed the 1-1 at the recs due to a wedding but I've made the other 3 games against yous.

It doesn't matter as such to me but when I read someone post that you are miles better and yet we all stood last night thinking you were abysmal I feel I want to add my tuppence worth.

I get you guys watch Alloa every week and you may call that performance yesterday a fluke but I also understand that you haven't won a home game yet????

The stats and my opinion from the 2 games at TFS are that you haven't changed a bolt.

I do accept that you guys should know better though.

Good luck for the rest of the season guys.

Falkirk 5-0 Alloa

attachicon.gif1457270117924.jpg

Falkirk 2-0 Alloa

attachicon.gif1457270136123.jpg

Not much in it with possession and shots.

Seems Alloa have only got better in goals looking at that.

Gallacher had a great game.

The thing is, even if it was just a case of having a better goalkeeper and losing 2-0 rather than 5-0, that would still be a significant improvement. With McNeil we had a keeper who saved us no points and cost us a few. Gallacher is in a different class altogether.

It's not just the keeper, however. We are tighter at the back and have more of a threat going forward. The players are clearly much happier under the new manager. We have picked up some really good results since he came in and 8 points from the last 11 games compares well to 5 points from the first 16. It's all relative though, we were absolutely shite up till Christmas. We're better now, but still not good enough.

Losing almost all of the one of the greatest squads we have had in the space of a few weeks last summer meant it was always going to be a hard season, made harder by Danny Lennon having a very poor few months as manager. Ross still has a lot to prove but I believe there is hope now.

Cheers.

I missed the 1-1 at the recs due to a wedding but I've made the other 3 games against yous.

It doesn't matter as such to me but when I read someone post that you are miles better and yet we all stood last night thinking you were abysmal I feel I want to add my tuppence worth.

I get you guys watch Alloa every week and you may call that performance yesterday a fluke but I also understand that you haven't won a home game yet????

The stats and my opinion from the 2 games at TFS are that you haven't changed a bolt.

I do accept that you guys should know better though.

Good luck for the rest of the season guys.

Seems like we've saved some of our worst performances for Falkirk this season. Our massive problem is that we haven't had a goalscorer. We'd probably still be bottom anyway, but we'd certainly have picked up a win or two at home, and probably a few points more in close games (and surprisingly, there have been a few). To a layman, it seems as though we set up our squad in the summer with the notion that goals would be a nice bonus rather than an integral part of survival, although surely to f**k that isn't the case :wacko:

As Waspie says, Jack Ross has made a decent fist of what he inherited; it's hard to imagine another manager doing better. It'll be interesting to see what he does in the summer, and how his own team performs.

Not fair on the Alloa goalie that.

He had a great game and didn't deserve to lose several

What, like the sitter that McHugh headed over the bar (when the keeper failed to cut out the cross) and the one that Marr cleared off the line with the overhead kick?

I agree that the goalie had a good game and certainly helped to keep the score down but we should have been more clinical in front of goal at times.

What, like the sitter that McHugh headed over the bar (when the keeper failed to cut out the cross) and the one that Marr cleared off the line with the overhead kick?

I agree that the goalie had a good game and certainly helped to keep the score down but we should have been more clinical in front of goal at times.

We missed a couple of chances the goalie had nowt to do with I grant you.

In most games this will happen.

We are saving them for Dumbarton and Rangers :lol:

We've been watching them all season. It's the worst side in the Championship, but they're still light years ahead of the side that Falkirk somehow didn't beat at the start of the season.

Light years ahead? Seriously?

I think we are a bit better, but not much.

We've won one game since Jack Ross came in, and drawn two.

Yes.

If you are being serious, mate, then you are clearly pretty thick.

I feel a bit sorry for you in that case, as you clearly can't help it.

Archived