Falkirk vs Alloa

Light years ahead? Seriously?

I think we are a bit better, but not much.

We've won one game since Jack Ross came in, and drawn two.

Agree with this, we are certainly not the shambles we were under Lennon, but Jack's record is not much better and the jury is still not out in my opinion. I would hope MM takes stock at the end of the season and sees what is out there and who may be interested before confirming Ross as manager for next season, he may be the best option but i dont think so far he has done enough for it to be an automatic appointment.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with this, we are certainly not the shambles we were under Lennon, but Jack's record is not much better and the jury is still not out in my opinion. I would hope MM takes stock at the end of the season and sees what is out there and who may be interested before confirming Ross as manager for next season, he may be the best option but i dont think so far he has done enough for it to be an automatic appointment.

Agree with this to an extent. However, Ross was also restricted greatly in who he could sign mid season (and also needing to shift players out before he could bring others in) and also inherited a side very low on confidence. Given all of that, I think he has done much better than Lennon in terms of performances and a bit better in terms of results. You could well argue that's as much a reflection on how poorly Lennon did as it is on how well Ross has.

I think he has shown some promise and I'd give him a proper chance to build a team. The Livi and Dumbarton results were very poor though and I'd hope he can lift the team and give the fans a decent result or two before the season finishes.

Agree with this to an extent. However, Ross was also restricted greatly in who he could sign mid season (and also needing to shift players out before he could bring others in) and also inherited a side very low on confidence. Given all of that, I think he has done much better than Lennon in terms of performances and a bit better in terms of results. You could well argue that's as much a reflection on how poorly Lennon did as it is on how well Ross has.

I think he has shown some promise and I'd give him a proper chance to build a team. The Livi and Dumbarton results were very poor though and I'd hope he can lift the team and give the fans a decent result or two before the season finishes.

Cant argue with any of that Waspie, i suspect that Ross would have signed very few if any of the players Lennon signed and would probably have made a greater effort to keep some of last season squad. He has probably been hampered by the injury to Chopra also, we have been crying out for an additional striker but i assume we are still paying Chopra and he is not on a pay as you play deal so the finance has not been there whilst at the same time Chopra is sitting in the stand.  

However on the other side of the coin  the performances have dipped, last night and Livingston on Saturday were disappointing and if that continues to the end of the season in the same vain then i would hope other options are at least considered.   

Cant argue with any of that Waspie, i suspect that Ross would have signed very few if any of the players Lennon signed and would probably have made a greater effort to keep some of last season squad. He has probably been hampered by the injury to Chopra also, we have been crying out for an additional striker but i assume we are still paying Chopra and he is not on a pay as you play deal so the finance has not been there whilst at the same time Chopra is sitting in the stand.

However on the other side of the coin the performances have dipped, last night and Livingston on Saturday were disappointing and if that continues to the end of the season in the same vain then i would hope other options are at least considered.

Seriously? How did you think results would go at this stage of the season when all but down. Especially when some fans have REALLY been jumping of joy to have a dig at the team recently. I'd definitely be looking at getting jack Ross signed up for next season as early as possible as early signs are promising

Light years ahead? Seriously?

I think we are a bit better, but not much.

We've won one game since Jack Ross came in, and drawn two.

Yeah...just an estimate, but it was hard to imagine us beating anyone in the SPFL back at the start of the season, as evidenced by the Elgin game. At the moment, we'd probably be mid-table in League One (but not in any danger of promotion). YMMV, of course.

We're not miles better than when Lennon resigned, but I can't imagine anyone doing better than Ross with the squad he inherited. He deserves the chance to build his own team.

Yeah...just an estimate, but it was hard to imagine us beating anyone in the SPFL back at the start of the season, as evidenced by the Elgin game. At the moment, we'd probably be mid-table in League One (but not in any danger of promotion). YMMV, of course.

We're not miles better than when Lennon resigned, but I can't imagine anyone doing better than Ross with the squad he inherited. He deserves the chance to build his own team.

As bad as that night was, I dont think the Elgin game is any real indicator. Half the team that night were fringe players and we had enough opportunities to really put that to bed in the 90 mins.

Without seeing too much of League 1, I would say we'd probably be comfortably in top 4.

The budget was stretched when Jack Ross came in- its difficult to shift guys on when they have one year deals with 6 months left, and he's been operating at times on a one in one out policy. Could not bring Caddis in until Williams took up a loan deal at Arbroath- it had previously looked like Hetherington would be the guy to make way on loan. There were other very good targets he looked at, but he's not been able to get them in for various reasons outwith his control.

He's vastly improved the overall morale among the players. He was unfortunate to lose Doyle and McKenna, as he had put together an excellent back 4 within a few weeks. I think the team has improved, but results havent drastically shot up. 

Personally I think hes the right man for the job. And for continuity it would probably be best. But might be worth looking at all options available.

Archived