The Race For Top 6

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I still think it's important we don't forget a lot of what we saw between February and the split, although the team do seem to have picked up a second wind in the mini-league.

I've said before I think we need six additions for next season (four now) and that still stands. Possibly the biggest thing about the last few results is psychologically we'll be going into next season in a better frame of mind now. The results also highlight the professionalism of this squad; they just don't down tools.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all we are billed as not great to watch, I think the better pitches in the spring have helped us regain form too. We don't fanny about with the ball and are happy to ask questions of centre backs but we can play a bit too and do like to pass the thing, which has been especially evident over the past couple of weeks.

I could understand why Wright was annoyed at the way last week was reported as we passed the ball and kept possession very well for the first 50 minutes particularly.

Based solely on that, the final table would look like....

1. Celtic  (~87pts)
  2. Aberdeen (~76pts)
  3. Hearts (~67pts)
  4. St Johnstone (~49pts)
  5. Motherwell  (~48pts)
  6. Ross County (~47pts)
  7. Partick Thistle (~49pts)
  8. Dundee (~48pts)
  9. Inverness(~44pts)
  10. Hamilton (~44pts)
  11. Kilmarnock (~38pts)
  12. Dundee United (~27pts)

Interesting to see that, so far, the top half is going the right way position wise. Points wise its a bit out, but our sudden burst of form is the obvious cause.

Bottom half is disrupted by Particks collapse, but they could yet finish 7th.

Archived