The Race For Top 6

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To try and make Dundee and Thistle fans even more annoyed with their club, this is the table if you only count results from December 1st until now

Untitled_zpsvwgmcwtz.png

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They shouldn't be annoyed. It's great that Saints have the financial boost of top six and what could be the last shot at Europe through the league for a smaller club in a while but long-term, both Thistle and Dundee fans should be happier with the direction their clubs are heading in. Thistle in particular have recovered really well from a dreadful start.

This short-term boost for Saints shouldn't paper over any cracks. Only one of the three clubs should be anxious about next season and it's not the ones in the bottom six.

They shouldn't be annoyed. It's great that Saints have the financial boost of top six and what could be the last shot at Europe through the league for a smaller club in a while but long-term, both Thistle and Dundee fans should be happier with the direction their clubs are heading in. Thistle in particular have recovered really well from a dreadful start.

This short-term boost for Saints shouldn't paper over any cracks. Only one of the three clubs should be anxious about next season and it's not the ones in the bottom six.

Good post.

Bit disappointed yesterday but on reflection not too fussed. Archie has a decent team, loyal players and play decent football; assuming we won't finish 11th (which I can't see) there is a lot to look forward to next season... Dec 1+ table above would back that up...

Onwards and upwards

Love or loathe him, that's some job by McGhee.

To make the top six while drastically reducing the wage bill, promoting youth players and basically clearing up the mess he inherited with no money to spend has been nothing short of tremendous.

Love or loathe him, that's some job by McGhee.

To make the top six while drastically reducing the wage bill, promoting youth players and basically clearing up the mess he inherited with no money to spend has been nothing short of tremendous.

Worth mentioning that barring the 6 month loan of Gomis he's done it with the same players as Baraclough had available. It's not as if we've seen wholesale changes where he's brought in a ton of his own players.

Can't disagree with that, I'm absolutely terrified about next season.

To try and make Dundee and Thistle fans even more annoyed with their club, this is the table if you only count results from December 1st until now

Untitled_zpsvwgmcwtz.png

What does FtS mean? First to score?

Why are Hearts above Motherwell with less points in this table?

Because its done by Points per game, something I accidentally cropped out it seems

Folk might not be interested in this sort of thing, but its interesting to me to look at these tables and try and predict final placings from them.

Table against top six sides

Untitled_zps0f3fpxbk.png

Table against bottom half sides

Untitled_zps5fa3whbt.png

Based solely on that, the final table would look like....

1. Celtic  (~87pts)
  2. Aberdeen (~76pts)
  3. Hearts (~67pts)
  4. St Johnstone (~49pts)
  5. Motherwell  (~48pts)
  6. Ross County (~47pts)
  7. Partick Thistle (~49pts)
  8. Dundee (~48pts)
  9. Inverness(~44pts)
  10. Hamilton (~44pts)
  11. Kilmarnock (~38pts)
  12. Dundee United (~27pts)

Folk might not be interested in this sort of thing, but its interesting to me to look at these tables and try and predict final placings from them.

Table against top six sides

Untitled_zps0f3fpxbk.png

Table against bottom half sides

Untitled_zps5fa3whbt.png

Based solely on that, the final table would look like....

• Celtic (~87pts)
  • Aberdeen (~76pts)
  • Hearts (~67pts)
  • St Johnstone (~49pts)
  • Motherwell (~48pts)
  • Ross County (~47pts)
  • Partick Thistle (~49pts)
  • Dundee (~48pts)
  • Inverness(~44pts)
  • Hamilton (~44pts)
  • Kilmarnock (~38pts)
  • Dundee United (~27pts)

I take it that that table doesn't take into account our game against Inverness tomorrow.

I take it that that table doesn't take into account our game against Inverness tomorrow.

Fair point, regardless of the result the predicted final positions would stay the same though.

Archived