The Race For Top 6

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the f**k have we ended up in the top 6? :lol:

We are terrible ffs.

Outwith the top 3, it's been such a close league that just about everyone has been able to go on a great run or a barren run for a few months and still be all round about the same points tally. It's been a bit of a nonsense season really:

We didn't win for over 2 months to start the season and could have been 4th after today.

St Johnstone's previously mentioned run of 3 wins in 18 and still made the top 6.

Accies first win today at home in over 6 months but they're still not even in a playoff or relegation place.

Absolute minter for everyone that never made top six. Worst St Johnstone side in years, we only play for 4 months of the season and still make top six. You should all be embarrassed.

1 point off a potential European spot as well.

Shame on you all.

It is a complete shambles we've made it. We've just lost 4-0 on aggregate to the two bottom sides FFS

Yaaassss we're top 6 as f**k and more importantly staying up which looked doubtful a couple of months ago. Well avoiding the play offs anyway.

^^^

The most important thing to come out of today for us and whatever happens for the rest of the season we won't have to endure what we did this time last year, as enjoyable as the playoffs ultimately turned out to be.

^^^

The most important thing to come out of today for us and whatever happens for the rest of the season we won't have to endure what we did this time last year, as enjoyable as the playoffs ultimately turned out to be.

I take it you'd like to lose your last 5 games now, just in case you risk Europe?

I take it you'd like to lose your last 5 games now, just in case you risk Europe?

No I'd prefer we won them all and if that gets us into the Europa League prelim rounds then fine, but I won't lose any sleep if that doesn't happen. The most important thing for us was avoiding relegation and we've now done that so we can all breathe easier, unlike Dundee United.

:)

The Dundee fans, well the ones on United's thread anyway, remind me of the Hibs fans when Hearts were going down. Just can't see a team with Hemmings and Stewart in it having such an arse collapse though.

If I never see us play another European match again then it won't be a day too soon.

No I'd prefer we won them all and if that gets us into the Europa League prelim rounds then fine, but I won't lose any sleep if that doesn't happen. :)

Hmmm

Hmmm

Hmmm nothing.

I stand by my comments about never seeing us play another European tie not being a day too soon but if that's what ends up happening then so be it, there's not a lot I can do about it is there?

As I said I think that finishing as high as possible (4th probably) and not qualifying for Europe would be a better outcome for us, especially given that our recent 'European tours' have been a drain on the club's already slender finances and we've been paper out on our arse with barely a whimper to a series of nobodies. We can't compete at that level and all it amounts to is a two, possibly four game bit of fluff at the start of a season. A couple of glorified friendlies which cause the club losses if you were. What's to get excited about that? I support football for enjoyment and in the hope that we can someday be victorious as a club, ie. via the domestic Cup competitions. The predictability of us whimpering out of Europe at the first hurdle to an unheard of side with significantly better finances than us - in most cases - just doesn't do it for me. Others may disagree of course, but that's how I see it.

So, a high, respectable finish in the league, which I think we can now get, will be enough for me.

Hmmm nothing.

I stand by my comments about never seeing us play another European tie not being a day too soon but if that's what ends up happening then so be it, there's not a lot I can do about it is there?

As I said I think that finishing as high as possible (4th probably) and not qualifying for Europe would be a better outcome for us, especially given that our recent 'European tours' have been a drain on the club's already slender finances and we've been paper out on our arse with barely a whimper to a series of nobodies. We can't compete at that level and all it amounts to is a two, possibly four game bit of fluff at the start of a season. A couple of glorified friendlies which cause the club losses if you were. What's to get excited about that? I support football for enjoyment and in the hope that we can someday be victorious as a club, ie. via the domestic Cup competitions. The predictability of us whimpering out of Europe at the first hurdle to an unheard of side with significantly better finances than us - in most cases - just doesn't do it for me. Others may disagree of course, but that's how I see it.

So, a high, respectable finish in the league, which I think we can now get, will be enough for me.

As I ever doubted you were an idiot. You just surpass yourself each and every time. That 1st sentence is cringeworthy.

Wishing your team never achieve European football.

Can you still put people on ignore. Please tell me you can ?

The Dundee fans, well the ones on United's thread anyway, remind me of the Hibs fans when Hearts were going down. Just can't see a team with Hemmings and Stewart in it having such an arse collapse though.

We are 9 points clear of 11th with 5 to play and 3 other teams behind us. Even if we lose all 5 post split games, we'll probably still avoid 11th such is the nature of the league.

1 win will pretty much guarantee us safety though.

The bottom 6 seems more entertaining tbf

Not so sure it is for Dundee and Thistle TBH - no chance of being near the playoffs, so safe and nothing really to play for (unless putting the final bullet in Utd's corpse is interesting to you :) ). It will be "entertaining" for the other teams down there but after last season, that's a type of entertainment I wouldn't fancy seeing again in a hurry...

Swello, on 09 Apr 2016 - 22:22, said:

Not so sure it is for Dundee and Thistle TBH - no chance of being near the playoffs, so safe and nothing really to play for (unless putting the final bullet in Utd's corpse is interesting to you :) ). It will be "entertaining" for the other teams down there but after last season, that's a type of entertainment I wouldn't fancy seeing again in a hurry...

The chance to relegate United is pretty epic, the rest not so much.

Archived