Potential Signings for Top Table

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought we were sevco.....

Old dead club done it.....if Barton joins then the newco signs journeymen looking for a pay day too.

Looks like you were talking shite as per with the celticy nonsence.

All clubs do it.....to say its a celticy thing shows you as the clown we know you are.

Toodle poops.

As good a player as Barton may be in Scotland, still not 100% convinced by that as a signing.

I would always be wary of these journeymen EPL players who reach their 30's and come up to Scotland assuming they'll walk it here just because they had an EPL career.

I predict he'll arrive, be mediocre, act like an arsehole during an old firm game, play up to the Rangers support by having a go at Celtic and eventually leave when he gets bored.

By all accounts he had a fantastic season with Burnley last year, why would he suddenly become 'mediocre' playing for Rangers under Warburton?

I haven't watched Burnley once this season so I can't really comment.

I also think he could be very good for you if he signs, he does have the ability.

I just question his motivation for coming up to Scotland, I think he previously said he would sign for one of the old firm but not whilst they weren't in the same league together.  Given his previous history it strikes me that he could just be coming up to get involved in the chaos of an Old firm match.

I could be absolutely wrong though and will happily admit it if so.

Fair enough on the temperament thing, this too was my my first thought when I heard about the possible move but Rangers are still seen as a big club and being part of a Rangers team that is now obviously going to have a crack at winning the title in their first season back in the top flight is something that could certainly be seen as a big motivational factor.  He obviously rates our coaching team and Warburton may well see that his experience could aid some of our younger players.  

The Burnley fans certainly seem to rate him.

I suppose my question is if he was Burnleys best player last season and they've just been promoted why is he moving to Scotland?  

1 year contract with a club that will only struggle to stay up or a 3 year contract with a bigger club that will be pushing for trophies, will possibly be playing in Europe and has a coaching staff that he knows and trusts?

Did he not know or trust the Burnley management and coaching staff?.

1 year contract with a club that will only struggle to stay up or a 3 year contract with a bigger club that will be pushing for trophies, will possibly be playing in Europe and has a coaching staff that he knows and trusts?

Fair enough I suppose.

Would imagine the money he would get In England would be far greater given they are EPL now?

You may well be right though.

Bringing JB into the Glasgow goldfish bowl, considering all of the mental things he's done in the past....

Sometimes the older player works, like Davie Weir and Kenny but as we've seen at scumtic it doesn't always work oot.

Bringing JB into the Glasgow goldfish bowl, considering all of the mental things he's done in the past....

Sometimes the older player works, like Davie Weir and Kenny but as we've seen at scumtic it doesn't always work oot.

He seems a bit obsessed, going by those tweets!

That's not his account. Has an added underscore at the end of the 'handle.'

He has admitted that he is a Celtic fan though.

Surely Nory isn't trying to mislead people?

That's not his account. Has an added underscore at the end of the 'handle.'

He has admitted that he is a Celtic fan though. 

Cheers for the heads up.

Thats a pity, would have added a bit of excitement if is had have been him.

Archived