Potential Signings for Top Table

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing JB into the Glasgow goldfish bowl, considering all of the mental things he's done in the past....

Sometimes the older player works, like Davie Weir and Kenny but as we've seen at scumtic it doesn't always work oot.

Your first sentence would be the main worry.  And when I say 'worry', I mean bucket-of-popcorn.

I don't understand how Rangers can go from having no money to somehow having money. Where is it coming from?

New EBT Scheme, supported by dividends we'll get from wisely investing in our Oil shares and revenues. (so I've heard)

I don't understand how Rangers can go from having no money to somehow having money. Where is it coming from?

The weekly salary budget was always going to increase after promotion to the Premiership (and could be further increased if Rangers qualify for the Europa League) 

Also, the likes of Dave King have said they are willing to invest to ensure Rangers can get the quality required to provide a credible challenge to Celtic. 

Delighted with the quality of player being linked with the club. I think Celtic will respond though. I doubt the other 10 clubs will finish anywhere near either of them next season.

Bank jobs.

How are Rangers funding Bartons wages?

We've signed him?

Delighted with the quality of player being linked with the club. I think Celtic will respond though. I doubt the other 10 clubs will finish anywhere near either of them next season.

I fear you might be right.

Is that honestly what you want though?

Seriously, is that not a kind of depressing image of our game? Walkovers for the OF in nearly all their games? Everyone else making up numbers and unable to compete?

It's been fun while it's lasted but the duopoly returning to what it was is a sickening idea. Obviously, they'll get to scoop all the Cups too if they're vastly stronger.

A vision that can only be welcomed by those with little interest in football.

I fear you might be right.

Is that honestly what you want though?

Seriously, is that not a kind of depressing image of our game? Walkovers for the OF in nearly all their games? Everyone else making up numbers and unable to compete?

It's been fun while it's lasted but the duopoly returning to what it was is a sickening idea. Obviously, they'll get to scoop all the Cups too if they're vastly stronger.

A vision that can only be welcomed by those with little interest in football.

Well, it's been a one team league for the past four seasons so the fact it'll now be a two team league is a good thing. :)

Well, it's been a one team league for the past four seasons so the fact it'll now be a two team league is a good thing. :)

And Celtic have got worse due to the lack of a rival of similar size.

This has seen them flop in Europe and miss out on that potential source of vast money. Their gates have also shrunk. This has enabled other sides to dent them in the League. There was a chase this year, but Aberdeen's collapse at the end meant that the finishing margin was large.

Of course, only one big (but shrinking) boy in the way, has given many other sides a real chance of the sort of Cup glory that has hitherto visited only rarely, if indeed at all.

To have both back at full strength and pushing each other via an arms race that takes them miles clear of everyone, is simply disastrous.

Do you really fail to recognise this argument, or do you just not care because it's an arrangement that suits you?

Do you really fail to recognise this argument, or do you just not care because it's an arrangement that suits you?

You make a fair point about the cups but the other teams will still get the occasional win.

The league is the most important thing though and one team easing to the championship each season has not be a positive for the game in general.

" This has enabled other sides to dent them in the League"

They won the league at a canter, dented indeed..

They dropped an awful lot of points to clubs very much smaller than them.

They won it by a decent margin at the end, but it took until the penultimate weekend for it to be sealed. As seen by their celebrations when Rogic scored that late goal at Kilmarnock just before the split, it was in the balance well into the Spring.

I never thought Aberdeen would quite do it, but the title race was not unlike some we saw in duopoly days. Helicopter Sundays were actually pretty rare.

The idea of the two being miles clear of everyone due to having many times the others' resources is the sickening bit, not least because it'll also strangle the Cups.

Oh don't fucking encourage him!  The rest of us can't wait for Banjo practise night.

Rather than offer insults which you base on where I'm from, how about joining in?

Do you think, like thepundit, that the OF will move as far clear of the others as was the case in the years either side of the turn of the century, or do you think like Ted, that the gulf will be smaller?

Would you welcome a return to the wild imbalance of before, or prefer something more egalitarian?

Or would you elect instead to say that I wear dungarees?

Archived