Potential Signings for Top Table

I dont see it being as high as £50k a week if he was never playing. The £25k would definitely be the maximum that I could see them paying.

Yeah £50k seems excessive, but £25k-£35k is more than believable. You have to bear in mind that absolute nobodies like Matty James at Leicester are on £35k a week.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I highly doubt anyone at Rangers will be earning more than 10k-15k, now or in the next few years.

You genuinely think Bartons on less than that?

Yup

This time last Summer Marseille admitted they couldn't afford his wage demands, as he was asking for £60k a week, similar to what he was on at QPR.

You genuinely believe hes dropped his wage demands by £50k a week, and turned down a deal in the EPL, to join Rangers?

Genuinely?

There's no way we're paying the kind of figures quoted by random , I just can't see it.

He won't be on £50k a week, nor will he be on under £15k

I genuinely believe Rangers will not be paying anymore than £15k a week.  Many genuinely believe we paying massive wages to the likes of Miller and Boyd, yet when the accounts were released it showed our wage bill had dropped proving those theories to be nonsense.  I guess we will find out out in future who is right or wrong on this.

If the new club are operating in the same way as the old club (Same directors after all) then there is only so much you can read into Rangers accounts  :lol:

Sure we payed him? Could have been for nothing.

"

Dundee United Ray McKinnon has hailed the marquee signing of Scotland goalkeeper Cammy Bell as a “major coup†for the Tangerines.

Bell has agreed a deal with the Tannadice club after securing a severance package from Rangers and the move will be formally confirmed today.

Being able to persuade the 29-year-old to wave goodbye to the prospect of life in the Premiership next season with the Light Blues for a switch to the Championship with United is a terrific piece of business by McKinnon"

"

Dundee United Ray McKinnon has hailed the marquee signing of Scotland goalkeeper Cammy Bell as a “major coup†for the Tangerines.

Bell has agreed a deal with the Tannadice club after securing a severance package from Rangers and the move will be formally confirmed today.

Being able to persuade the 29-year-old to wave goodbye to the prospect of life in the Premiership next season with the Light Blues for a switch to the Championship with United is a terrific piece of business by McKinnon"

Probably cheaper than paying his wages a full year to be fair. Gilks is a better back up anyway.

Will be £20k at max with the wages cleared from Temps, Law, Clark, Shiels and several youngsters.

With bonuses to convince him to take the drop.

20k was what I was expecting it to be.

Think Barton is thinking about Europe and a possible league win and was willing to take a bit of a drop for it.

"

As ever, it's all about United.

Archived