Potential Signings for Top Table

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you came on to a Dons thread to genuinely talk about football I would welcome it.

I tried that.  I made a genuine enquiry and you can see the result here, just a few minutes later:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/230702-aberdeen-signing-targets-summer-2016/?p=10547001

You have to understand this simple fact: We broad-shouldered Bears welcome discussion. The diddies are imbeciles.

If you came on to a Dons thread to genuinely talk about football I would welcome it.

Absolutely dreadful from your fans, again.  We've got the "Did you cry when Rangers died?" pash

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/230702-aberdeen-signing-targets-summer-2016/?p=10547220

It's a rock and a hard place, Pundy and I've certainly been calling for a 'blood and snotters' defender...the Cup Final exposed how vulnerable we are there.  I guess I'm an optimist and would like longish terms solutions.

Agreed. The team was lacking a bit of experience which I think Rangers will need in the Premiership. Hill, Barton and Kranjcar will provide that along with Miller and Wallace.

I'm happy with the signings so far but we still need another quality forward who can play in the centre of the 4-3-3. That should be a priority now.

Agreed. The team was lacking a bit of experience which I think Rangers will need in the Premiership. Hill, Barton and Kranjcar will provide that along with Miller and Wallace.

I think we had a brilliant league season last year..and played the best football since Wee Dick was in charge..my worry is that with Hill, Barton and Kranjcar we could be sclerotic loyal.

Danny Ings 2/5 with Skybet  :huh:

Theres been a fair bit of talk of a six month loan deal to help him get fit 

Absolutely dreadful from your fans, again.  We've got the "Did you cry when Rangers died?" pash

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/230702-aberdeen-signing-targets-summer-2016/?p=10547220

Absolutely dreadful?  Calm down

You're also ignoring myself and another giving a genuine response to your question.  Please don't act like your hooped best mates from across the city, being the perma-offended.

Trying too hard min.

I'd be surprised at that.

Would only be a loan to be fair, even at that I don't see us paying all his wages which is the reason that Liverpool probably won't loan him to us over any team that would be willing to pay a higher percentage of his wages.

Mariappa, 29, was a stand out for Watford and Reading before moving to Crystal Palace for an undisclosed fee in 2013.

But the versatile defender, who can play at centre back and right back, has found first team appearances limited at Selhurst Park.

An experienced international, Mariappa has 37 caps for his country, and captained Jamaica in all three of their recent Copa America fixtures

Another experienced defender. 

Never heard of this guy.

We were pretty thin at the back last season and were lucky to avoid any serious injuries, nice to see us bringing/trying to bring in some experienced defenders.

There are salary details of palace players kicking about on Twitter. This boys alleged to be on £50k per week

He's out of contract so hes not on anything, but it was probably around the 10-15k mark as he signed in their first season up.

He's out of contract so hes not on anything, but it was probably around the 10-15k mark as he signed in their first season up.

Stevie Mays on over £10k a week, the minimum any Premier League player will be on is ~£25k a week

Stevie Mays on over £10k a week, the minimum any Premier League player will be on is ~£25k a week

I dont see it being as high as £50k a week if he was never playing. The £25k would definitely be the maximum that I could see them paying.

Archived