Potential Signings for Top Table

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's a quality player but Rangers could have close to 50 games next season and if he played in 25 of them I'd be amazed!....

It's a lot of money on someone who'll probably spend most of his time sitting in the stands.

Taylor can header a ball.  Even playing one match in three would improve us.

Before his most recent injuries he'd have been a tremendous signing for anyone in Scotland, but when he appeared in the last few games for Newcastle he had no mobility at all. It was painful to watch. Obviously a big strong unit like him isn't going to be terrible in the Premiership, but I wouldn't fancy him up against any striker with decent movement.

I think he's a quality player but Rangers could have close to 50 games next season and if he played in 25 of them I'd be amazed!....

It's a lot of money on someone who'll probably spend most of his time sitting in the stands.

Before his most recent injuries he'd have been a tremendous signing for anyone in Scotland, but when he appeared in the last few games for Newcastle he had no mobility at all. It was painful to watch. Obviously a big strong unit like him isn't going to be terrible in the Premiership, but I wouldn't fancy him up against any striker with decent movement.

Two sane posts.  Since we were introduced to Tier 4 I've been calling for a 'blood and snotters' centre half.  Taylor may not be the answer but the problem remains to be solved.

30.  He remembers you though, but wasn't so complimentary.

Thought he was older than that, good age for a centre half.  I'm sure he'd be decent enough if he signed.  The signing policy seems to have changed though, feels more like you're signing English football 'names' this summer as opposed to previously finding talent in the lower leagues.  Whilst I am no supporter of your club I had a bit of healthy respect for the ability of Warburton to find talent from these leagues.

The likes of Steven Taylor seems lazy.

I'll ignore your shining wit in your reply to me on this occasion.

Thought he was older than that, good age for a centre half.  I'm sure he'd be decent enough if he signed.  The signing policy seems to have changed though, feels more like you're signing English football 'names' this summer as opposed to previously finding talent in the lower leagues.  Whilst I am no supporter of your club I had a bit of healthy respect for the ability of Warburton to find talent from these leagues.

The likes of Steven Taylor seems lazy.

I'll ignore your shining wit in your reply to me on this occasion.

A good reply, again, and I half agree with you.  I'm not convinced that Taylor is the answer both in actuality and re. the signing policy.  I'd love a big Scottish, dominant centre half...but we all would.  There just isn't one so we have to busk it.

Happy you're so comfortable on the Sevco threads.  Happy, too, that we broad-shouldered Bears treat you with respect.  I have no doubt this would be reciprocated if I made similar comments on your own team's threads.

A good reply, again, and I half agree with you.  I'm not convinced that Taylor is the answer both in actuality and re. the signing policy.  I'd love a big Scottish, dominant centre half...but we all would.  There just isn't one so we have to busk it.

Happy you're so comfortable on the Sevco threads.  Happy, too, that we broad-shouldered Bears treat you with respect.  I have no doubt this would be reciprocated if I made similar comments on your own team's threads.

Do you need broad shoulders for my opinion on Steven Taylor?

If you came on to a Dons thread to genuinely talk about football I would welcome it.  We all indulge in a bit of tit for tat on here but the reason I am on the forum is to talk football with other Scottish football fans.  Of course our allegiances will cause us to disagree/clash but I am always open to genuine football chat.

possibly over the hill if you'll excuse the pun but the last time Rangers signed a 37yo centre back it was arguably the best signing of Walter Smiths 2nd spell at the club.

It's a rock and a hard place, Pundy and I've certainly been calling for a 'blood and snotters' defender...the Cup Final exposed how vulnerable we are there.  I guess I'm an optimist and would like longish terms solutions.

Edited to add:  He'll be another one joining the queue for a plate of Scouse at the Auchenhowie canteen.

Archived