Weird Coincidences

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a pretty rare immune condition. About 1 in 100,000 people have it. Which means roughly 50 people in Scotland have it. My girlfriend's boyfriend before me has it too.

She's not some morbid coffin chasing weirdo btw, I only got diagnosed in the autumn and we've been together nearly 5 years.

ETA: nor is it sexually transmitted

I have a pretty rare immune condition. About 1 in 100,000 people have it. Which means roughly 50 people in Scotland have it. My girlfriend's boyfriend before me has it too.

She's not some morbid coffin chasing weirdo btw, I only got diagnosed in the autumn and we've been together nearly 5 years.

ETA: nor is it sexually transmitted

Maybe she has a subliminal attraction to those who have it, like a hormone or something is emitted? A bit like how Alzheimer's can be smelled by some individuals?

Or she is a carrier and you and her ex are the first cases of human/human transmission.

Or she maybe has something in the house which affects the environment in which you live (allergen), does she have an animal for instance?

Odds of her randomly being with you both are very high.

I think you only need something like 30 people for a shared birthday within the group to be probable.

Counting myself and my brother, there are twelve cousins, 3 of us have the same birthday.

I've 2 cousins who share my birthday. Birthday sharing within families is fairly common apparently, no idea why.

Group incest parties.

And yeah, re-meeting people on holiday, especially within the backpacker circuit isn't that unlikely. For all the ease of travel these days, people still tend to visit a fairly small number of places.

Found a pair of leather gloves on the Long Island Railway in New York.

Finders keepers.

Brought them back to Scotland and lost them on a train going to Airdrie.

Karma.

Kind of a scaffy thing to do.

The probability of 'someone' winning the lottery twice in a 7-year period is as high as 50/50.

However, the probability of 'the same person' doing likewise is extremely small.

I'm not a numbers person but I suppose this 'difference' is along the same lines as the chances of 6 consecutive numbers being drawn is the same as 6 non-consecutive? Yet the first has never happened, the second happens every draw.

Archived