Motherwell v Dundee United - Friday 11th March

Great goal by Anier and I'd say it was a foul for the freekick at the equaliser as the leg was straight and studs showing. Refs always give fouls for that.

His studs weren't showing, it wasn't dangerous and he was in full control. It was literally the perfect tackle.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not forget that Morris/Anier committed 2 off the ball assaults on Johnson in the first half last night.  Both warranted red cards and were worse than McDonalds elbow.  Just because the media didn't highlight them it doesn't mean that they didn't take place.  

Lets not forget that Morris/Anier committed 2 off the ball assaults on Johnson in the first half last night. Both warranted red cards and were worse than McDonalds elbow. Just because the media didn't highlight them it doesn't mean that they didn't take place.

#FishingTrip.

#BananaLogic.

I think McDonald was lucky that the referee didn't interpret it as a red card however equally I don't think there was much difference between the one on Friday and the one at the and of last season vs St Mirren where his red card was subsequently rescinded.

Much ado about nothing IMO.

His studs weren't showing, it wasn't dangerous and he was in full control. It was literally the perfect tackle.

:lol:

It's like you copy and pasted my description of the mcpake challenge in the last derby.

Minter for the double standard DABs

I was listening to the Sportsound podcast and heard that Gunning was more interested in communicating with the sidelines and complaining than the actual game.

He was more interested in the Aberdeen fans (2nd half) when we played them the other week at Tannadice.

I was listening to the Sportsound podcast and heard that Gunning was more interested in communicating with the sidelines and complaining than the actual game.

He was more interested in the Aberdeen fans (2nd half) when we played them the other week at Tannadice.

He's a f*cking bellend.

Plenty of folk found it funny if the Twitter reaction is anything to go by alone.

Chris Sutton is an arrogant, self opinionated tosspot and it was good to see McDonald stick it to him like that.

It was funny, I laughed :)

That's for the compliance officer to decide, not dummy spitters on the Internet. It should have been a red card and McDonald was lucky to get away with it, just as Paton was later in the game. But regardless of what happens next, any retrospective punishment handed out, it's not going to change the fact that on the night,no red card was shown and the player remained on the park and folk can weep and wail until the cows come home, that's not going to change.

Archived