Motherwell v Dundee United - Friday 11th March

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think that's "fine"? It's not really; the fact is it was a stick on red card and all those who were involved in the BT coverage agreed.

Aww boo-hoo! Boo-Hoo!

Aye I think it was fine, the referee didn't give it so what anyone thinks about it afterwards matters not a jot, it's not going to change anything. McDonald's response was good and I liked it, end of story.

Away and dry your eyes.

Aww boo-hoo! Boo-Hoo!

Aye I think it was fine, the referee didn't give it so what anyone thinks about it afterwards matters not a jot, it's not going to change anything. McDonald's response was good and I liked it, end of story.

Away and dry your eyes.

Sorry to disappoint but I'm not crying.

If McDonald had been sent off and we had went on to win it would have been a travesty. We were shit and deserved to lose. And McDonald's response wasn't funny except to myopic simpletons like you.

MJC, on 12 Mar 2016 - 12:46, said:

Aye I think it was fine, the referee didn't give it so what anyone thinks about it afterwards matters not a jot, it's not going to change anything.

You'll actually find that it might matter a lot what someone thinks after it, and he could see a ban.

You think that's "fine"? It's not really; the fact is it was a stick on red card and all those who were involved in the BT coverage agreed.

I must be missing something here. It is somewhat tragic the Arabs moaning about a missed red card and soft free kick.

United were more than robust last night. Down right aggressive and Paton managed an even more blatant assualt and defo a red card. Yet barely merits a mention.

Would rather United stayed up and Killie or Accies went down. But any more panty wetting posts and I will change my mind. You don't want that.

Sorry to disappoint but I'm not crying.

If McDonald had been sent off and we had went on to win it would have been a travesty. We were shit and deserved to lose. And McDonald's response wasn't funny except to myopic simpletons like you.

Plenty of folk found it funny if the Twitter reaction is anything to go by alone.

Chris Sutton is an arrogant, self opinionated tosspot and it was good to see McDonald stick it to him like that.

It was funny, I laughed :)

You'll actually find that it might matter a lot what someone thinks after it, and he could see a ban.

That's for the compliance officer to decide, not dummy spitters on the Internet. It should have been a red card and McDonald was lucky to get away with it, just as Paton was later in the game. But regardless of what happens next, any retrospective punishment handed out, it's not going to change the fact that on the night,no red card was shown and the player remained on the park and folk can weep and wail until the cows come home, that's not going to change.

FWIW - the free kick United conceded for the equaliser, was almost identical to the one they were awarded in the last Derby that McPake's knee was shattered in. Funnily enough, they were calling for a red there but last night it was 'harsh'. :rolleyes:

MJC, on 12 Mar 2016 - 13:01, said:

That's for the compliance officer to decide, not dummy spitters on the Internet. It should have been a red card and McDonald was lucky to get away with it, just as Paton was later in the game. But regardless of what happens next, any retrospective punishment handed out, it's not going to change the fact that on the night,no red card was shown and the player remained on the park and folk can weep and wail until the cows come home, that's not going to change.

Probably best not to be part of a discussion forum if you don't like things getting discussed tbh

I don't have a problem with anything being discussed, I was more responding to the above poster's rather petulant response to me saying that I found Scott McDonald's "Hiya Sutty" on BT sport amusing.

I haven't seen the McDonald incident and I didn't see anything at the game so won't comment on that. The first half was too open from our point of view. I like our 4-3-3 but with United playing two wing backs they got a lot of joy and looked dangerous going forward. However Mcdonald also missed a sitter and Johnson had a great chance as well. Great goal by Anier and I'd say it was a foul for the freekick at the equaliser as the leg was straight and studs showing. Refs always give fouls for that.

Anyway another set piece goal for us and a nice second goal and we deserved it in the end. The table looks so much better than it did a few weeks ago. Happy days

FWIW - the free kick United conceded for the equaliser, was almost identical to the one they were awarded in the last Derby that McPake's knee was shattered in. Funnily enough, they were calling for a red there but last night it was 'harsh'. :rolleyes:

How many fishing trips is that now for this thread? :lol:

It's not a fishing trip at all. Have I been the only one to mention Anier's kick? No. Have I been the only the one to mention Paton's kick? No. Just because your fans want to border on the Celtic 'conspiracy' theories, indeed as Chazas has shown, doesn't make it a fishing trip. Your team got away with A LOT. youd have been better off just sitting silent, like the rest.

Ooft. Relegation clouding judgement here, and make no mistake. Chris Sutton is an absolute mile oot and all reminding of this should be applauded.

From the reaction you'd have thought McDonald Ben Thatcher-ed the boy. McDonald was lucky, but the contact was limited.

Ooft. Relegation clouding judgement here, and make no mistake. Chris Sutton is an absolute mile oot and all reminding of this should be applauded.

From the reaction you'd have thought McDonald Ben Thatcher-ed the boy. McDonald was lucky, but the contact was limited.

It's a clear red card - no questions (as was Paton's). Going by our second half performance we would probably still not have got anything. Why Gunning gets a game ahead of Dillon I'll never know.

Entirely agree that both probably should have walked.

I thought last night was massively entertaining, as well. Two teams going hammer and tongs at it, bit of an edge, plenty of pace in the game.

It's not a fishing trip at all. Have I been the only one to mention Anier's kick? No. Have I been the only the one to mention Paton's kick? No. Just because your fans want to border on the Celtic 'conspiracy' theories, indeed as Chazas has shown, doesn't make it a fishing trip. Your team got away with A LOT. youd have been better off just sitting silent, like the rest.

:lol:

Archived