Dundee United v the Holders/Hibsers

Dundee United boss Mixu Paatelainen felt his side were "the far better team for most of the game"

:lol::1eye:lol:

f**k sake. Imagine he'd said that and his side had played Failkirk? We'd never hear the end of it from their management team/players/fans. As it is Hibernian are much better than that and allow the opposition manager to have their own opinion on the game.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was away with work but caught most of the game on the ferry. Haven't read the thread but can imagine the hilarity at the penalty miss.

We are awful, probably the worst Utd side I've seen. A Hibs team recently beaten by the likes of Alloa, Morton and Dumbarton looked like a team playing a couple of divisions above us in the first half. Despite this though, yet again we missed several great chances when through on goal with Mckay again the main offender. 2 seasons ago he would've been on about 25 goals but his finishing ability has completely deserted him. 

It has probably been discussed at length but Mixu can gtf. Morris at LB was an absolute howler. The team look like they've never trained together or even met each other before. Huge rebuilding job to do next season and hopefully it's someone else in charge of it.

Dundee United boss Mixu Paatelainen felt his side were "the far better team for most of the game"

:lol:  :1eye  :lol:

:lol:  Approaching McCall levels of post-match delusion.

Thought the attendance of 19000 was absolutely awful two teams in poor form mind you.

19,000 for a semi-final in Glasgow played between two shambolic outfits from the other side of the country isn't that bad, especially considering the "prize" is likely to be a whipping from one of the bigot brothers.

United have been utterly dreadful all season long, and Hibs, as usual looked promising for a bit, before the usual pea-hearted collapse. Also factor in the SFA's propensity to completely rip off supporters for big games and all in all, 19,000 wasn't too bad.

"Hibs started really well and dominated the first 20 minutes but once we found our composure, and took care of the ball, we totally controlled the game," he told BBC Scotland.

:1eye

First 60 minutes, all Hibs. Last 60 minutes, almost all United, but still shite.

I don't remember much yesterday. Got in on time to see that Cumming's penalty miss and then calling McKay to miss in the shoot out, followed by a right good old brawl with Utd fans - again.

Your sum boi Waffelz.

Never change x

1I don't think there is a rule against doing that, but it was still unsporting.

Logan stayed on his line throughout though; most keepers get away with coming off their line.

We should have known that he would play a blinder and display more mobility than Oxley has ever shown.

2The humour has worn thin for some time now; Cummings can do it when it justifies but when it comes after mishaps and shocking efforts, that is unacceptable. He is far beyond the line between confidence & arrogance, it affects his game as well as our results. Despite the amount of goals he has scored, he is not a potent player or an effectual striker - which is bizarre for a 'twenty-goal-per-season striker'. Without improving the basic aspects of his game, he is just cocky-go-lucky: gambling our results on one of his punts.

The way he strutted off at half-time suggests that he isn't remotely affected by his errors. His confidence may not take a hit, but he's less likely to learn from his mistakes and take a better option. Some may congratulate him on taking the fourth penalty, but I think it was reckless audacity more than anything else.

Bartley and Logan were the only players that should be proud of their overall performance.

Love your posts on here my man but this is a load of pish. Yesterday was idiotic from Cummings but criticising the guy's dedication because he volunteered to take a pen in a shootout and for the way he strutts about is a bit OTT, no? :lol: I wasn't complaining about audacity when he lobbed a keeper with the back of his head a few round back.

Love your posts on here my man but this is a load of pish. Yesterday was idiotic from Cummings but criticising the guy's dedication because he volunteered to take a pen in a shootout and for the way he strutts about is a bit OTT, no? :lol: I wasn't complaining about audacity when he lobbed a keeper with the back of his head a few round back.

He plays on arrogance rather than confidence and it hinders him more than it helps. That said, perhaps I'm being sour because of his penalty miss. By scoring in the penalty shootout, he rectified his earlier mistake and you make a good point by bringing up his audacious looping header. We probably wouldn't have got to the quarter-finals if he wasn't how he is. Still, yesterday was an example of him needing to reign it in rather than risk our result; he didn't need to try something audacious to score from the penalty spot.

His comments after the game irked me too. I suppose I need to accept that we won't have the outstanding moments without the howlers, when it comes to Cummings.

Archived