Dinosaurs

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Survival Tip#1: Don't move. Dinosaurs can't see you if you don't move.

I would have thought that after 66 million years they would have developed X-Ray vision or something? What's the point of evolution otherwise?

Grimbo

That, right there, is a statement of genius - you have blown my fucking mind.

Is that one of yours, or have you knocked that from somewhere? (Seems like a quote from The Simpsons, or something)

:)

If it was from the Simpsons it was purely subliminal?

I thought I think of loads of original thoughts only for someone to Simpson trump me, the bassers.

Aye-kerumba

Grimbo

I like the current thinking that they didn't actually die out at all - they just got smaller and more shite and evolved into blue tits and budgies.

Lets hope wee Joey doesn't lay a clutch of genetic throwbacks then :guns

What do religious people give as an explanation for dinosaur existence if they believe in Adam and Eve?

If you believe in Adam and Eve, you don't require explanations for things.

What do religious people give as an explanation for dinosaur existence if they believe in Adam and Eve?

The answer lies in Kentucky:

http://api.ning.com/files/8a38P6turIv-JX3425woL*2LHjco*o0FfYC0-h-rBPZtq4RCdbeqdBB1ECtU3zsSdCLIUbbxS7hFwQ-xlnPNRRIvTux*2m*n/creationmuseum.jpg[/url]

If you believe in Adam and Eve, you don't require explanations for things.

I don't personally i just have never heard what staunch Christians have to say on the matter. Pretty sure i have heard someone say they were planted by the devil to make us doubt our faith.

I don't personally i just have never heard what staunch Christians have to say on the matter. Pretty sure i have heard someone say they were planted by the devil to make us doubt our faith.

Apparently, God created both on the same day.

However, if you're already onboard with the God and Adam n Eve stuff I doubt explanation of dinosaurs is needed.

I think it's a real minority of literalist evangelical Christian nutters - probably in the States - who still believe the calculation made by Bishop Ussher in the 1600s by totting up the ages of everyone in the Bible that the earth was created in 4004BC...

Yeah, evolution's still a theory (so is the theory of gravitation - try dropping something) but the evidence is so overwhelming that even the Catholic Church is now onboard with it.

I do know one religious nutter who refuses to believe in evolution. The sort of person who talks about Jesus as if he's with him all the time and all that carry on. Might ask him for his stance on dinosaurs next time i see him!

I do know one religious nutter who refuses to believe in evolution. The sort of person who talks about Jesus as if he's with him all the time and all that carry on. Might ask him for his stance on dinosaurs next time i see him!

#Pray4Throbber

Grimbo

I think it's a real minority of literalist evangelical Christian nutters - probably in the States - who still believe the calculation made by Bishop Ussher in the 1600s by totting up the ages of everyone in the Bible that the earth was created in 4004BC...

Yeah, evolution's still a theory (so is the theory of gravitation - try dropping something) but the evidence is so overwhelming that even the Catholic Church is now onboard with it.

When I lived in Arizona, I shared an office with a guy who would explain to me, in measured, patient tones, that humans and dinosaurs co-existed. The Bible didn't mention them because it wasn't relevant to the story. And that evolution was nonsense because just as a man working out does not cause his child to be born muscular, giraffes do not give birth to long-necked offspring by reaching to eat plants on high branches. I had simply been brainwashed by the public school system's anti-Christian agenda. 

He also told me that scientists fake their findings in order to maintain the flow of taxpayer funding by telling the Government what they want to hear. Further evidence of their corruption can be seen by the way 'Creationist Scientists' struggle to have their work recognised.

And yet he was able to hold a job, drive a car, dress himself etc.

I also remember asking him for an explanation of the logistics surrounding the story of Noah's Ark. The boat was apparently like Dr. Who's Tardis and was able to expand 'inside' to accommodate all the animals. Yes, including the dinosaurs. Sadly, he wouldn't be drawn on how exactly Noah was able to collect animals from all over the planet, plus their food.

His parents paid big bucks for that education. 

I also remember asking him for an explanation of the logistics surrounding the story of Noah's Ark. The boat was apparently like Dr. Who's Tardis and was able to expand 'inside' to accommodate all the animals. Yes, including the dinosaurs. Sadly, he wouldn't be drawn on how exactly Noah was able to collect animals from all over the planet, plus their food.

His parents paid big bucks for that education. 

Ironically. the Flood - though obviously not the Noah bit - appears to be one of the few biblical stories that might just have a basis in reality, as there's evidence of an earth impact in the Indian Ocean about 8000 years ago which would have caused a local tsunami and lived on in folk memory.

Unfortunately for the creationists' argument, earth's fauna has the nasty habit of keeping on evolving; I'm fairly sure Noah didn't have two pomarine skuas - seabirds - on the ark, as there's absolutely no evidence of the species having existed before 500 years ago...

I can think of two other examples just in Scotland's birdlife alone; the herring gull which spread westwards from NW Europe around the Northern hemisphere and by the time it got all the way around had evolved into a separate species, the lesser black backed gull and the carrion crow/hooded crow which are in the final stages of speciation.

Archived