St Mirren v Queen of the South 12/3/16

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely after last nights shocker Lyle, Russell, Murdoch & Harris at least must start, time for Conroy to drop out again definitely, give Pickard a rest along with Brownlie please we must play with more energy and pace going forward, time to unshakle the players, let them play.

Surely after last nights shocker Lyle, Russell, Murdoch & Harris at least must start, time for Conroy to drop out again definitely, give Pickard a rest along with Brownlie please we must play with more energy and pace going forward, time to unshakle the players, let them play.

That keeps being said but never happens. This is an average squad at best so performances are no great surprise.

Yes Queens need to win next two games away but are they capable don't think so.

Too many Saints fans are complacent about the bottom end of the table, we had some decent results but last 2 defeats and draw to Falkirk have dented any hope of the top 4 as others at the bottom have picked up points. 

The Raith game was a must win, but we screwed that up and none of the results at the bottom end have gone our way.

Need a win here to get back on track and start getting some daylight. 

We're St Mirren, even if we were 15 points clear with 5 games to play I'd be nervous! 

Too many Saints fans are complacent about the bottom end of the table

I promise I'm not, but adding in a disclaimer about looking over our shoulders ruined the brevity and punch of my post  :angel

Need to get that Relegation Express thread bumped. Our form is roughly proportional to how well that thread is doing.

Too many Saints fans are complacent about the bottom end of the table, we had some decent results but last 2 defeats and draw to Falkirk have dented any hope of the top 4 as others at the bottom have picked up points. 

The Raith game was a must win, but we screwed that up and none of the results at the bottom end have gone our way.

Need a win here to get back on track and start getting some daylight. 

We're St Mirren, even if we were 15 points clear with 5 games to play I'd be nervous! 

I know how you feel, Queens losing to Raith also. I hope Queens win on Saturday to gain parity and share the points with St Mirren this season.

This game's virtually a dead rubber. In early March.

Not really, Livi are only 4 points behind us :o.

We need a few wins to make sure we are safe.

Yeah, you're level on points with us now and still have both us and Livi to play and both games are away from home for you guys.  There is every chance St. Mirren could be dragged back into the relegation play-off place and I certainly hope your team think the season is over already.

Yeah, you're level on points with us now and still have both us and Livi to play and both games are away from home for you guys.  There is every chance St. Mirren could be dragged back into the relegation play-off place and I certainly hope your team think the season is over already.

Is it wrong that I would (possibly) welcome the excitement (a bit)?

Entirely right, my friend.  We saved our status with 6 games to go last year and whilst that was nice and great achievement for us, it was boring as shit.

yes this is one relegation battle we could do without. Dropping from SPL was always likely dropping from this league is unthinkable Let's put it to bed asap.

We've had our fair share of great escapes in the last 10 years let's share the spoils.

Both teams have been consistently disappointing all season and I cant see either of us going on a great run.

I hope that we can finally find an attacking formula that prevents us from being so one dimensional and predictable. Oliver is one player for us that at least tries to make things happen by taking men on and taking the ball in tight spaces. I dont think Millar has played anywhere near his potential but without him we are devoid of any midfield creativity so I would hope to see these two in the team. Hilson if he has recovered from Tuesday should be another starter.

The Manager has taken a fair bit of stick but in all honesty the players have not been good enough and we need movement and pace allied to good decision making in final third. Very few of these attributes have been in evidence and in all honesty our dismal scoring record is showing no signs of changing. Hopefully we will see a fresh approach and some under-used players should get their chance.

Archived