The P&B General Knowledge Quiz

Not Sure if it'll take off, but I done a football teaser thread months back and it kept a few of us amused for a day or two.

Answer the question, first person to get it right answers the next, try and make it hard to google or it'll get boring dead quick.

First song to reach uk no1 that was released in full acapella?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not Sure if it'll take off, but I done a football teaser thread months back and it kept a few of us amused for a day or two.

Answer the question, first person to get it right answers the next, try and make it hard to google or it'll get boring dead quick.

First song to reach uk no1 that was released in full acapella?

Don't know the first, but the most recent one was Caravan of Love, I believe. 

Don't know the first, but the most recent one was Caravan of Love, I believe. 

as far as im aware that's the first, only one before that was only you by the flying pickets but it was ever so slightly synthesised

Oh right, well I'm taking that as a victory then!

Right - new question. 

Ex-Lib Dem leader Menzies Campbell was also an accomplished sprinter, and held the British 100m record of 10.2 seconds between 1967 and 1974. The first time he achieved this time, he beat which other controversial sportsman?

Oh right, well I'm taking that as a victory then!

Right - new question.

Ex-Lib Dem leader Menzies Campbell was also an accomplished sprinter, and held the British 100m record of 10.2 seconds between 1967 and 1974. The first time he achieved this time, he beat which other controversial sportsman?

Was it Sergeant "Jocky" Wilson?

Grimbo

Eta Jim'll fix it.

Nope, there was nobody on a horse, cos that would be cheating (and it wasn't Jeffrey Archer either). 

The sportsman is better known for playing another sport, as well as some other, er, activities. 

Adam Johnson.

Nope, there was nobody on a horse, cos that would be cheating (and it wasn't Jeffrey Archer either).

The sportsman is better known for playing another sport, as well as some other, er, activities.

Was it O.J. Simpson, probably wise to run away.

Archived