Mark Warburton

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:

Why's the bold bit funny?

Are you actually ridiculing his suggestion that relegation and liquidation aren't really comparable in terms of the scale of setback entailed?

Most football fans can accept the first one as part of the game Ted.

Religion never even crossed my mind while posting the Dundee Hibs comment. I just find it amusing that two of those who took such delight in our demise are now suffering and hopefully will continue to suffer for years to come. Unless , God forbid , they go bust.

The two clubs are Hibs and their Dundee Franchise.

It takes some jump to go from that to sectarianism

So you still have absolutely not one clue what Dundee United or Hibs actually said to get you so upset.

In the continued absence of any quotes to back this up, I can only conclude you are just blindly copying the prevailing opinions of other Bears, who also have no idea what Dundee United actually said.

- "B b b b but Thompson hates us and he was pure lovin it and puttin the boot in"

- "Can you show me what he actually said then?"

- "Naw but Thompson hates us and he was pure lovin it and puttin the boot in"

So you still have absolutely not one clue what Dundee United or Hibs actually said to get you so upset.

In the continued absence of any quotes to back this up, I can only conclude you are just blindly copying the prevailing opinions of other Bears, who also have no idea what Dundee United actually said.

- "B b b b but Thompson hates us and he was pure lovin it and puttin the boot in"

- "Can you show me what he actually said then?"

- "Naw but Thompson hates us and he was pure lovin it and puttin the boot in"

I think it stretches back to at least 2009 and their complaints about being asked to pay half-price to get into the rearranged match.

This Herald article is informative. There's no quoted evidence of United or Thompson dancing on Rangers' grave - just the Rangers fans looking to lash out and finding a handy diddy team to aim at.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13083473.Spiers_on_Sport__why_Rangers_fans_seek____vengeance____on_Dundee_United/

The next article would suggest that Rangers were just looking to vent their spleen on whichever SPL team they first came up against - and we were the winners.  In both senses.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2242535/Rangers-fans-snub-Dundee-United-Scottish-Cup-tie.html

Monkey....much as you seem to hate Rangers.....I don't hate you.

I'd hope you'd be aware....I don't really care how I look on an online forum.

I'm part of (or was) the RFF (soon to be Club 1872) which sought to pay back all those small debtors. I'm unaware who is outstanding....if any. You can perhaps educate me. I know of none.

As to wage bills....as i said, I think Rangers wage bill vs say.......Hibs....ain't so far apart.

No-one can say as both clubs have not released final accounts.

That is just utter nonesense.  The RFFF have never claimed to have paid back all the small creditors.

Rangers cannot sell 49,000 season tickets in a stadium that only holds 50,000!!

As far as Bino and the quotes go. I only just logged back in because it's a slow day elsewhere. If you want quotes of Thompson sticking the boot in I suggest using Google. They shouldn't be too difficult to find.

As far as Bino and the quotes go. I only just logged back in because it's a slow day elsewhere.

You'd think with the weather taking a turn, more folk would be wanting a taxi.

That is just utter nonesense. The RFFF have never claimed to have paid back all the small creditors.

There is still a fair bit of cash in the fund. I don't think Dunfermline Athletic ever did pay back the £82000 they owe the fund though.

Nice to see Dunfermline haven't fallen down the leagues or suffered in any way🤔🇬🇧🤔. I hope this isn't considered sectarian

Rangers cannot sell 49,000 season tickets in a stadium that only holds 50,000!!

As far as Bino and the quotes go. I only just logged back in because it's a slow day elsewhere. If you want quotes of Thompson sticking the boot in I suggest using Google. They shouldn't be too difficult to find.

In other words you can't find a single thing to explain your hilarious rage. Thought so.

You're angry but you don't even know why. Best just to hide behind unsubstantiated generalisations like "he pure stuck the boot in!".

There is still a fair bit of cash in the fund. I don't think Dunfermline Athletic ever did pay back the £82000 they owe the fund though.

Nice to see Dunfermline haven't fallen down the leagues or suffered in any way. I hope this isn't considered sectarian

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the post that you responded to.

Regardless on money left in the fund, RFFF have never claimed that they have paid all the small creditors.  In fact we know from pages and page of deflection that there is not even a recognised definition of "small creditors".

The Old Firm were pretty much an irrelevance on here before 2012.

So irrelevant that Div created the Rangers/Celt sub forum?  There have always been loads of posts/threads about Rangers going back long before 2012 so I don't think I'm being at all misleading.

That was to keep the Celtic/Rangers tit for tat pish from cluttering up the league forums so that those that don't want to read that pish don't have to, not because they deserved a separate section. Same reason for the Rangers sub forum. Gtf day will probably mean a merger of those two sub forums.

Its purpose is immaterial.  Its existence demonstrates that the wee bairn was (again) wrong in his assertion.

How's yer auld man, Bino? Nervous about Saturday? What's his prediction?

Edited to add *srs*

He's in Tenerife so no doubt he'll be at the Rangers Bar for the cup final. Horrible place (the bar, not Tenerife).

He's in Tenerife so no doubt he'll be at the Rangers Bar for the cup final. Horrible place (the bar, not Tenerife).

I avoid 'Rangers bars' under any circumstances so I hear you.

My wee yin was born in Petty France during the 2002 'Loveypants' final.  We had to switch off the telly while Sellick were winning and her maw was giving birth.  A Rangers win and a gorgeous wee lassie was a double victory!

She's my talisman, though, so we'll have her favourite dish (paella) on Saturday and hope for a repeat.

I think it stretches back to at least 2009 and their complaints about being asked to pay half-price to get into the rearranged match.

This Herald article is informative. There's no quoted evidence of United or Thompson dancing on Rangers' grave - just the Rangers fans looking to lash out and finding a handy diddy team to aim at.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13083473.Spiers_on_Sport__why_Rangers_fans_seek____vengeance____on_Dundee_United/

The next article would suggest that Rangers were just looking to vent their spleen on whichever SPL team they first came up against - and we were the winners.  In both senses.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2242535/Rangers-fans-snub-Dundee-United-Scottish-Cup-tie.html

The antipathy towards Dundee United is something most of them cannot articulate, because it's simply without foundation.

It's not sectarian; it's simply a received posture that most lack the wit not to adopt. It sounds very much like Dundee United did behave badly over the abandoned game in 2009, but for that to be cited as behind a boycott three and a bit years hence is beyond ridiculous.

The "particularly vocal" charge seems oddly unaccompanied by quotes.

I think United did manage, largely unwittingly, to embody something to be lashed out at. That the now hugely discredited Green leapt at it as a means of ingratiating himself, would you'd think, help instil perspective, yet it doesn't.

Fair play to Ted though. He was at least capable of sufficient independent thought to attend the game.

Archived