The Big Black Hole

Father Ted

The feeding frenzy from media and Better Together parties on this issue if £15billion deficit, it is as pathetic, as it is laughable.

Let's just sweep the £1.6trillion UK deficit under the carpet, or the fact the tragic Tories are doing their best to bankrupt us.

If we didn't have to contribute to pet projects of UK, most of which we get NO benefit of, we would probably have a surplus.

Do the Wastemonster idiots think we are morons?

As I side note, it is breathtaking the hypocrisy of Westminster when you compare the Indy Ref with the current EU Ref.

ps see poor Kezia was handed her erse on a plate three times today at FMQs.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The dig at Kez not even getting mentioned at the pitiful Edinburgh Labour event last night was hilarious. I don't have a shred of sympathy for Dugdale. She deserves every public humiliation she's (well) paid to be subjected to.

The feeding frenzy from media and Better Together parties on this issue if £15billion deficit, it is as pathetic, as it is laughable.

Let's just sweep the £1.6trillion UK deficit under the carpet, or the fact the tragic Tories are doing their best to bankrupt us.

If we didn't have to contribute to pet projects of UK, most of which we get NO benefit of, we would probably have a surplus.

Do the Wastemonster idiots think we are morons?

As I side note, it is breathtaking the hypocrisy of Westminster when you compare the Indy Ref with the current EU Ref.

ps see poor Kezia was handed her erse on a plate three times today at FMQs.

Ad Lib would disagree wi' ye.

The Wee Ginger Dug is spot on in his assessment -

"....Yet we’re facing a massive budget black hole. We struggle to provide public services. Pensions for our elderly are threatened. Why’s that then? Who’s been in charge of Scotland for the past 300 years? Who has had their hands on the levers of macro-economic control? And why do you think that that bunch of incompetents are the ones we should entrust our future to? Because all the pretty graphs show is that Scotland has been mismanaged by Westminster. That’s not an argument for Scotland remaining in the Union. That’s an argument for independence.

None of this gets an airing in the Unionist press, too busy climaxing in a masochistic orgasm. We’re screwed! Isn’t that great! That will show those pesky cybernats. Scotland’s poverty is to be celebrated by the ProudScots with a poverty of spirit and a poverty of imagination."

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2016/03/10/ruining-to-stand-still/

"....Yet we’re facing a massive budget black hole. We struggle to provide public services. Pensions for our elderly are threatened. Why’s that then? Who’s been in charge of Scotland for the past 300 years? Who has had their hands on the levers of macro-economic control? And why do you think that that bunch of incompetents are the ones we should entrust our future to? Because all the pretty graphs show is that Scotland has been mismanaged by Westminster. That’s not an argument for Scotland remaining in the Union. That’s an argument for independence.

None of this gets an airing in the Unionist press, too busy climaxing in a masochistic orgasm. We’re screwed! Isn’t that great! That will show those pesky cybernats. Scotland’s poverty is to be celebrated by the ProudScots with a poverty of spirit and a poverty of imagination."

Is anyone gonnae disagree wi' that statement I wonder?

Isn't this why people voted no/were told to vote no? So we could remain servile and have London dictate whether or not we should have a good economy or diddy economy?

The UK does not have a £1.6 trillion deficit. That figure more closely corresponds to its total level of government indebtedness, which is completely different. On independence Scotland would take a broadly per-capita share of that, which at the moment would be about £125 billion.

According to GERS the UK equivalent figure to the £14.9 billion Scottish net fiscal balance is £89.1 billion. For Scotland, that net fiscal deficit is 9.7% of GDP and for the UK it is 4.9%.

GERS takes account of the fact that spending on "pet projects that don't benefit us" are not things we benefit from. They're counted as not being Scottish spending. And the illustrative effect of that is we still run a relative deficit.

It bears repeating. We could abolish all NHS and military spending in Scotland and still only break even. We could abolish the military, our schools budget and put a real terms cut of 10% to our health service and still only have the same deficit as the rest of the UK.

The only people who are morons are those who think this is a healthy prospectus on which to propose discontinuing a per head fiscal transfer of £1400 a year.

The UK does not have a £1.6 trillion deficit. That figure more closely corresponds to its total level of government indebtedness, which is completely different. On independence Scotland would take a broadly per-capita share of that, which at the moment would be about £125 billion.

According to GERS the UK equivalent figure to the £14.9 billion Scottish net fiscal balance is £89.1 billion. For Scotland, that net fiscal deficit is 9.7% of GDP and for the UK it is 4.9%.

GERS takes account of the fact that spending on "pet projects that don't benefit us" are not things we benefit from. They're counted as not being Scottish spending. And the illustrative effect of that is we still run a relative deficit.

It bears repeating. We could abolish all NHS and military spending in Scotland and still only break even. We could abolish the military, our schools budget and put a real terms cut of 10% to our health service and still only have the same deficit as the rest of the UK.

The only people who are morons are those who think this is a healthy prospectus on which to propose discontinuing a per head fiscal transfer of £1400 a year.

Im not overly serious when posting and not consumed with political matters in my day to day existence but i find the fingers in ears "la la la" reaction to the Scottish Govts own report astonishing. Even the SNP are not disputing it in any real sense.Your wasting your time really.None so blind as those who will not see.

Im not overly serious when posting and not consumed with political matters in my day to day existence but i find the fingers in ears "la la la" reaction to the Scottish Govts own report astonishing. Even the SNP are not disputing it in any real sense.Your wasting your time really.None so blind as those who will not see.

What are you hoping for, exactly? Gratitude to the UK, whose three-hundred years of sovereignty over Scotland has resulted in this?

Not everyone is prepared to embrace your Jockholm syndrome.

It's whataboutery and grievance politics, like just about every yes voter blog post.

What are you hoping for, exactly? Gratitude to the UK, whose three-hundred years of sovereignty over Scotland has resulted in this?

Not everyone is prepared to embrace your Jockholm syndrome.

Aye the last 300 years has culminated in the SNP talking pish about oil revenues much as a butterfly flaps its wings etc etc.Pointing back 300 years for relevance ?? I reckon its all about English dinosaurs millions of years ago stealing from Scottish dinosaurs thats led to this.

Aye the last 300 years has culminated in the SNP talking pish about oil revenues much as a butterfly flaps its wings etc etc.Pointing back 300 years for relevance ?? I reckon its all about English dinosaurs millions of years ago stealing from Scottish dinosaurs thats led to this.

Typical BritNat attitude: "pay no attention to the past, it's unfavourable to our competence and therefore not something you've to take notice of". Your post seems more frustrated and incoherent than most though, so well done you on that.

Now I'll try again: what is it you're actually hoping for? Three cheers for the Union Jack because Scotland's financial situation has become more precarious? Kezia Dugdale sweeping into Bute House on a wave of poverty?

Typical BritNat attitude: "pay no attention to the past, it's unfavourable to our competence and therefore not something you've to take notice of". Your post seems more frustrated and incoherent than most though, so well done you on that.

Now I'll try again: what is it you're actually hoping for? Three cheers for the Union Jack because Scotland's financial situation has become more precarious? Kezia Dugdale sweeping into Bute House on a wave of poverty?

Your acknowledging Scotlands financial situation has become more precarious at least and i think 300 years in the past is almost irrelevant to the current situation.I am only frustrated and driven to incoherence by the relentless stupidity i have to read.

AD LIB there's not enough room to quote you and reply, so I won't bother quoting you.

You can paint picture anyway you want but the UK is on the verge of a serious financial crisis and they have the audacity to make such a big deal out of a minuscule £15billion, in comparison.

Whether I voted yes or no has nothing to do with it. It's the fact they treat us like morons.

Anyway good to see you back, as last time I caught you out, you disappeared off the topic.

While we are at it, Lib-Dems are an irrelevance now and I'm offended that my tax take goes towards their wages

Your acknowledging Scotlands financial situation has become more precarious at least

And it will continue to do so while a the major economic levers sit with a government that treats Scotland as a mere afterthought.

Only an idiot would choose to continue a situation that is demonstrably producing poor results.

You can paint picture anyway you want but the UK is on the verge of a serious financial crisis and they have the audacity to make such a big deal out of a minuscule £15billion, in comparison.

£15 billion for an economy the size of Scotland's is a "bigger deal" than £89 billion for an economy the size of the UK's.

In the same way that Crash Bandicoot 2 had a bigger impact on my finances as an 8-year old Playstation owner getting £4 pocket money a week than two tanks of petrol would be to a lawyer on £40kpa.

Your acknowledging Scotlands financial situation has become more precarious at least and i think 300 years in the past is almost irrelevant to the current situation.I am only frustrated and driven to incoherence by the relentless stupidity i have to read.

No you don't. You just don't want to talk about the incompetence of successive UK governments in ruling Scotland, because it doesn't fit your pro-UK, pro-regionalist agenda.

And it will continue to do so while a the major economic levers sit with a government that treats Scotland as a mere afterthought.

Only an idiot would choose to continue a situation that is demonstrably producing poor results.

Or introduce a new situation with demonstrably worse ones perhaps ?

No you don't. You just don't want to talk about the incompetence of successive UK governments in ruling Scotland, because it doesn't fit your pro-UK, pro-regionalist agenda.

I think you'll find a lot of very successful periods within the 300 years if you take the blinkers off for a minute.

Archived