Falkirk vs Rangers Fri March 18th

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still in disbelief at that turnaround. Said jokingly to my mate at HT, 'remember what happened last time we were 2-0 at this stage'. That was even better than St Mirren away though.

First half we were completely overrun by Rangers pace and ball movement. The defence was in disarray and we were very exposed down the wings. Leahy in particular was ball-watching for the first goal and was caught twice again with the exact same pass, almost costing us further damage. The centre backs had a couple of scares as well. Going forward, he had no urgency and at 2-0 down, the remainder of the first half was being played like a training match.

Second half started off in the same pattern, until the substituons were made. Hippo gave us an out ball and his pace was causing problems from the off. He carved out a decent chance for himself at 0-0 and thoroughly deserved his goal when it came. A very cool finish and the celebration wasn't too shabby either. Foderingham made an excellent save from Vaulks, but there was no stopping that worldie from Alston.

I've sometimes thought Houston makes questionable subs and waits too long to change a game. But he was bang on tonight. Gameplay wasn't working so, brought on Hippo 5 minutes into the second half. Thought the other two subs were also brave decisions. O'Hara is clearly a talent and he tormented the same opposition last time out, but we need to remember he is still young and raw. And at 2-2 Houston goes for a straight swap, when many managers may have sacrificed the attacker for a more defensive player and settled for the draw.

Absolute scenes for the winner though. Good play from O'Hara to get down the line and McHugh did really well to muscle himself in front of the defender for a tap in.

From a Rangers point of view, there's got to be questions about Warburton's subs and the attitude of the team as a whole in the second half. Thought they had the game won and that's what allowed us back in. The league is already theirs, but they'll need to strengthen for next season.

Delighted with that result and the celebrations down the front of the South Stand looked quality. Tunes in BTW afterwards were on point 👌ðŸ»

Not so much a credit but what I have noticed with falkirk fans is that they are the only set of fans who despite beating us or even when playing us don't give it the whole "your not Rangers anymore" patter , not saying this particularly means anything but for the 90 minutes all their chants are Falkirk based and orientated on the most part , just a wee thing I have noticed over the last two seasons

Not so much a credit but what I have noticed with falkirk fans is that they are the only set of fans who despite beating us or even when playing us don't give it the whole "your not Rangers anymore" patter , not saying this particularly means anything but for the 90 minutes all their chants are Falkirk based and orientated on the most part , just a wee thing I have noticed over the last two seasons

Do you think so?

I haven't been to a single game since you were reformed where there hasn't been a 'you let your club die' or 'you're not Rangers any more' chant go up. Even our match announcer called you Sevco for two weeks 

I doubt you seen too much of the match to be passing comments on who's defense was what. 

I have zero complaints for those who stuck with it having a go at us because they earned it, hell fire away, this is why we all watch sport. But you and your "I seen a result on the BBC and have to pass comments on how teams played" is just a touch hollow.

Stop writing "seen" when "saw" is the word you require.

It makes you seem far less intelligent than you often claim to be.

Do you think so?

I haven't been to a single game since you were reformed where there hasn't been a 'you let your club die' or 'you're not Rangers any more' chant go up. Even our match announcer called you Sevco for two weeks

Was thinking that, heard quite a few of the above chants from my seat in the south stand last night.

I know it's going to be biased (as Falkirk TV is in our favour) but the lack of any acknowledgement for Alston's strike is hilarious.

It is fantastic. He makes it sound like a tap in, put on a plate for him by a defensive blunder.

Least it doesn't bother you.

Do you think so?

Do you attend Rangers games not featuring Dunfermline

And being honest I never heard it last night from Falkirk

Archived