Cowdenbeath v Dunfermline

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a sad situation Cowden are in with the ground. What is the arrangement for the club's use of it for games? Do you just pay a set amount for each home game as Airdrie do, or is the agreement that you use it for all games until a set date for an annual rent? And how much do you have to pay at the moment?

As an away fan going there only occasionally I always expect a poor game, but at least there's the novelty of seeing the ballboys rake in the tractor tyres for the ball, which is probably unique in football. That must wear off quickly though, and if I was a Cowden fan I'd hate going there regularly. I remember a few years ago they were looking at other possible sites, with one along Broad Street being mentioned as possibly suitable - did that ever get anywhere?

Final thing while I'm on about Cowden's ground - can someone tell me where North End Park was/is? I like the history of old football grounds, and I've always wondered where that was having heard of it mentioned in reports of games long ago.

It is a sad situation Cowden are in with the ground. What is the arrangement for the club's use of it for games? Do you just pay a set amount for each home game as Airdrie do, or is the agreement that you use it for all games until a set date for an annual rent? And how much do you have to pay at the moment?

As an away fan going there only occasionally I always expect a poor game, but at least there's the novelty of seeing the ballboys rake in the tractor tyres for the ball, which is probably unique in football. That must wear off quickly though, and if I was a Cowden fan I'd hate going there regularly. I remember a few years ago they were looking at other possible sites, with one along Broad Street being mentioned as possibly suitable - did that ever get anywhere?

Final thing while I'm on about Cowden's ground - can someone tell me where North End Park was/is? I like the history of old football grounds, and I've always wondered where that was having heard of it mentioned in reports of games long ago.

Please excuse me for not answering the first part of your post. Its old news.

North end park is at the North East end of the high street just behind the old picture house. It has been sold for development.

Now that the police are involved it would be wrong for Cowdenbeath to say anything before or during any criminal investigation. It will not be poor as you have intimated. Some people who are close to the club have already condemned it on here. Cowdenbeath FC do not condone any hatred in any shape or form.

I don't doubt that Cowdenbeath are far from happy with this behaviour, and hadn't realised that the police are already involved. Apologies for that. As a Dunfermline fan, I'm well aware that teams have a group of idiots who turn up, just to cause trouble, for big games. Unfortunately most teams have groups of locals like this, who can tarnish the reputation of good clubs. It's unfortunate that this is now dominating discussion - largely due to the fact that the only talking points from yesterday is the chanting and the referee.

In general I have a lot of time for genuine Cowden fans. Always found them to be good banter when I've met any of them, and I'd much rather talk about football with someone who supports their local team than those who just watch games on tv. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I don't doubt that Cowdenbeath are far from happy with this behaviour, and hadn't realised that the police are already involved. Apologies for that. As a Dunfermline fan, I'm well aware that teams have a group of idiots who turn up, just to cause trouble, for big games. Unfortunately most teams have groups of locals like this, who can tarnish the reputation of good clubs. It's unfortunate that this is now dominating discussion - largely due to the fact that the only talking points from yesterday is the chanting and the referee.

In general I have a lot of time for genuine Cowden fans. Always found them to be good banter when I've met any of them, and I'd much rather talk about football with someone who supports their local team than those who just watch games on tv. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

From where I was, it was vey brief due to stewards moving in quickly then calling in police who made at least one arrest. Don't know what else the Club can do and sad that so many Pars fans want to use the incident to get at Cowdenbeath FC.

The writing was on the wall up at and against Peterhead and the fact that our defence is a shambles but on a positive it looks like it has been sorted by Nish in the last two games especially with Grant Adam between the sticks.

If Nish wants to survive he needs to build on the good defensive work achieved in the last two games and play two up front as we look very poor going forward with no threat and poor Spence doing all the hard work.

Hoofball and one up front clearly does not work for us

Thought Adam had a great game yesterday

From where I was, it was vey brief due to stewards moving in quickly then calling in police who made at least one arrest. Don't know what else the Club can do and sad that so many Pars fans want to use the incident to get at Cowdenbeath FC.

The chanting went on all game I'm afraid.

Is signing about a refugee racist? Wot race are they? Will news at ten need to stop referring to "refugees"?

Yes, calling an EU national a refugee is racist. That's why people were arrested.

Back to the football, came from offside position to get the ball then fell over to get the foul. very poor officials but how many times do you see the top of the league team get the big decisions like that.

We didn't get stonewell penalty for foul on McKay

Back to the football, came from offside position to get the ball then fell over to get the foul. very poor officials but how many times do you see the top of the league team get the big decisions like that.

Evens out after they missed a blatant penalty decision minutes beforehand.

Is the pikey not from Yorkshire?

They were singing about Faiss.

Poor show from a couple of Cowden fans on here, rest have been spot on.

Archived