Ayrshire Loyal V Celtic

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I said their tiny wee ground. I'm not expecting them to fill a big 60,000 capacity stadium.

You're a massive idiot.

Clubs build stadiums according to what they expect in terms of crowds plus a bit extra.

Celtic expect to be able to generally fill a stadium, or come close to filling one with a 60,000 capacity.

Partick's probably holds over 10,500. They will expect to average a good bit less but come close to filling it for big games

So Partick failing to fill a stadium by 3-4,000 is far less of a minter than falling 30,000 short on a regular basis. That's just humiliating.

You've also to factor in that afew clubs built stadiums when the SPL of old demanded 10,000 seater stadiums.

Now shut yer yap you fucking spanner.

You're a massive idiot.

Clubs build stadiums according to what they expect in terms of crowds plus a bit extra.

Or what they could afford to build.

Celtic expect to be able to generally fill a stadium, or come close to filling one with a 60,000 capacity.

Maybe Celtic expect less like you suggest for Partick but expect to fill it for big games too!

Partick's probably holds over 10,500. They will expect to average a good bit less but come close to filling it for big games

So Partick failing to fill a stadium by 3-4,000 is far less of a minter than falling 30,000 short on a regular basis. That's just humiliating.

You've also to factor in that afew clubs built stadiums when the SPL of old demanded 10,000 seater stadiums.

Now shut yer yap you fucking spanner.

Yep....so nothing to do with building a stadium for what they expect to fill then.

Is it not common sense to think that clubs maybe charge celtic supporters a couple of extra quid for 2 reasons. 1- they know they bring a good few thousand more than any other club and and trying to make an extra few quid out of it and 2- the club have to pay for extra policing within the ground when celtic are visiting. The reason is there for all to see. The group of supporters who in a way bring atmosphere and passion to a lot of grounds and a half empty celtic park but on the other hand think of themselves as untouchable and are nothing short of embarrassing to the club they say they support.

Maybe Celtic expect less like you suggest for Partick but expect to fill it for big games too!

Yep....so nothing to do with building a stadium for what they expect to fill then.

Maybe its the decline of the oil industry that's to blame.

You know, like how the Irish economic issues are to blame for 2 men and a mangy dug being Celtic's average home gate, and not the fact that your glory hunting bigot support are like snow off a dyke at the slightest hint of a downturn, and miss your blue bigot pals awfully.

Our form has been damn near schizophrenic at times this season. Getting two draws against Celtic home and away, but taking utter pumpings off of teams round about us. So, no idea how we'll fare in this tie. Obviously I hope that we'll be up for it like previously. We've played some nice stuff at times this season, just not very strong or clinical at times. Need to see some fight from the players to get us out of this mess. Ever the optimist, my heart says a scoreless draw.

Is it not common sense to think that clubs maybe charge celtic supporters a couple of extra quid for 2 reasons. 1- they know they bring a good few thousand more than any other club and and trying to make an extra few quid out of it and 2- the club have to pay for extra policing within the ground when celtic are visiting. The reason is there for all to see. The group of supporters who in a way bring atmosphere and passion to a lot of grounds and a half empty celtic park but on the other hand think of themselves as untouchable and are nothing short of embarrassing to the club they say they support.

The policing isn't an issue. This will be offset by the extra number of fans turning up as well as the hospitality that sells out.

Our form has been damn near schizophrenic at times this season. Getting two draws against Celtic home and away, but taking utter pumpings off of teams round about us. So, no idea how we'll fare in this tie. Obviously I hope that we'll be up for it like previously. We've played some nice stuff at times this season, just not very strong or clinical at times. Need to see some fight from the players to get us out of this mess. Ever the optimist, my heart says a scoreless draw.

This, imo, is the major thing missing from our players atm and what might help us get out the shit.

A bit of fight and dig goes a long way.

This, imo, is the major thing missing from our players atm and what might help us get out the shit.

A bit of fight and dig goes a long way.

Completely agree. Like I said, we play some nice stuff at times, but we don't seem to have much aggression. I assume this is a confidence issue, but I can't believe we'll play our way out of this, we'll need to fight our way out.

pisses me off how the other clubs bump up the price when celtic are coming to town. should be set price for every SPL game regardless of whos playing.

No such thing as the SPL mate.

Ignoring that, it pisses me off that Celtic charge through the nose for away fans to sit behind a pole for ninety minutes.

It's an interesting tactic to counter an argument with a load of dribbling pish.

Your last point is hilariously fucking dumb though. Not every club built a new stadium as a result of the SPL's 10,000 seat requirements. Some were built before and some after. To suggest that new stadiums are "nothing to do with building a stadium for what they expect to fill" is just as thick as f**k.

What other criteria would they use? The alignment of the planets? A multiple of the birthweight of the chairman's first-born child? Or perhaps the number of shite posts you've made, which at the moment is a workable 7089.

Anyway, ripping the pish out of Partick for failing to fill their "tiny stadium" is an utter fucking minter when you lot have frequently fallen more than 20,000 short of capacity for games.

No such thing as the SPL mate.

Ignoring that, it pisses me off that Celtic charge through the nose for away fans to sit behind a pole for ninety minutes.

Most Poles are Roman Catholic, they're bound to support Celtic.

pisses me off how the other clubs bump up the price when celtic are coming to town. should be set price for every SPL game regardless of whos playing.

Home fans pay the same though? Every club does it for big games. You'll charge more for Rangers games next season versus what you'd charge for Dundee visiting. We charge more for derbys, Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic. What's so wrong with that? You're only getting charged £26 which is what you charge away fans to come to CP.

It's an interesting tactic to counter an argument with a load of dribbling pish.

Yet you went ahead and used that tactic anyway.

Your last point is hilariously fucking dumb though. Not every club built a new stadium as a result of the SPL's 10,000 seat requirements. Some were built before and some after. To suggest that new stadiums are "nothing to do with building a stadium for what they expect to fill" is just as thick as f**k.

Really? Yet the Partick Thistle chairman is quoted as saying they didn't need to build 10,000 seats and it prevented them being competitive. So they built a stadium not for what they were expecting to fill...but for what they were required to do, under league rules. Inverness CT too had problems with this and we're all set to build a 10,000 capacity stadium until the rules relaxed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/partick_thistle/3508548.stm

Now take a lie down son....all that nonsense must be giving you a sore head.

Yet you went ahead and used that tactic anyway.

Really? Yet the Partick Thistle chairman is quoted as saying they didn't need to build 10,000 seats and it prevented them being competitive. So they built a stadium not for what they were expecting to fill...but for what they were required to do, under league rules. Inverness CT too had problems with this and we're all set to build a 10,000 capacity stadium until the rules relaxed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/partick_thistle/3508548.stm

Now take a lie down son....all that nonsense must be giving you a sore head.

So instead of ripping the pish out of Partick for failing to fill their "tiny wee stadium" you should have have ripped the pish out of Partick for failing to fill a "stadium that's bigger than the one they wanted to build", which simply makes you look an even greater cretin when your club is failing so spectacularly to fill it's own ground. I assume the SPL didn't demand Celtic build a 60,000 capacity ground?

So instead of ripping the pish out of Partick for failing to fill their "tiny wee stadium" you should have have ripped the pish out of Partick for failing to fill a "stadium that's bigger than the one they wanted to build", which simply makes you look an even greater cretin when your club is failing so spectacularly to fill it's own ground. I assume the SPL didn't demand Celtic build a 60,000 capacity ground?

Hey, if people want to slate our attendances...& they did....then I'll happily slate theirs. That my friend is the dog-eat-dog nature of Scottish football fans.

Suck it up.

This is ironic given the foaming defensive mess of sheer denial you become whenever Celtic are "slated". Perhaps you are the one who needs to "suck it up".

I'd prefer it if he shut it up, tbh.

This is ironic given the foaming defensive mess of sheer denial you become whenever Celtic are "slated". Perhaps you are the one who needs to "suck it up".

Ahhh my wee no.1 obsessed stalker does not let me down. Would you like a wee signed photograph of myself?

Archived