Hearts Stadium Development

1 hour ago, Dunty said:

At the stadium.

There's two other pubs half a mile away. And a further three in Westhill and two within walking distance from the east.

There's also the option of just staying in the city centre and getting one of the shuttle buses. 

That "pub" doesn't exist. It all sounds crap to be honest.

1 hour ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Would rather have a carry out in one of the fields. 

Bush Bar RIP. Bloody flats.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Three pubs in shanty town Westhill within a 30 minute walk, or an Aberdeen theme pub in the ground.
I take it all back, the AURORA sounds amazing, Dunty m8.
tV1LWH5.jpg

We may have pubs, restaurants, cafés, transport links shops and all the trappings of modern urban civilisation nearby but sadly you can’t help but wish that Tynecastle was next door to a farm instead like the Aurora

Oh hang on a moment, we’ve got one of those too

Fair play to Dunty and his slightly skewed opinion of where Westhill starts. Personally I don't think the Tesco at the edge of the town counts as being in Westhill itself but each to their own.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We may have pubs, restaurants, cafés, transport links shops and all the trappings of modern urban civilisation nearby but sadly you can’t help but wish that Tynecastle was next door to a farm instead like the Aurora

Oh hang on a moment, we’ve got one of those too

Don't forget the Zoo. Dunty can go monkey spanking before heading down to Tynecastle to watch the Dons......

The shuttle bus could take up to 45 minutes depending on traffic. f**k that. You'd need to be leaving at no later than 14.00, and that's assuming that they would run then. In reality the last one could be at 13.30 for all we know. Plus they'll be specific pick up points, so that could limit your choice of boozer, or at least ensure you have to leave the one of your choice earlier. So if you're an away fan you might have to be leaving the pub as early as 13.20. Oh, and forget about watching all of whatever game is on the TV.

Anyway, regardless of when and where a shuttle bus would leave, the prospect of sitting on one for 30-45 minutes after travelling up is a bit shit. Will they segregate them as well (I mean away fans on different ones to home fans)? Also after games with everyone leaving the buses could be sitting in traffic for ages just to leave the ground.

The bar at the ground will most likely be absolutely packed and sell overpriced shite like Carling in plastic glasses.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The shuttle bus could take up to 45 minutes depending on traffic. f**k that. You'd need to be leaving at no later than 14.00, and that's assuming that they would run then. In reality the last one could be at 13.30 for all we know. Plus they'll be specific pick up points, so that could limit your choice of boozer, or at least ensure you have to leave the one of your choice earlier. So if you're an away fan you might have to be leaving the pub as early as 13.20. Oh, and forget about watching all of whatever game is on the TV.

Anyway, regardless of when and where a shuttle bus would leave, the prospect of sitting on one for 30-45 minutes after travelling up is a bit shit. Will they segregate them as well (I mean away fans on different ones to home fans)? Also after games with everyone leaving the buses could be sitting in traffic for ages just to leave the ground.

The bar at the ground will most likely be absolutely packed and sell overpriced shite like Carling in plastic glasses.

Funnily enough no there probably won't be. They will just be running from the city centre according to the information available online relating to the planning application. So home fans in the areas outside of the city centre will need to get a bus into town then get a shuttle bus out to the stadium :lol:

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What? It's 20 minutes and they'll be operating right up until kick-off.

You've just made something up in your head and decided to get offended by it.

1 minute ago, Dunty said:

What? It's 20 minutes and they'll be operating right up until kick-off.

You've just made something up in your head and decided to get offended by it.

Get offended? I have to conclude that you don't know what that means. Please point out the parts in my post where I am offended.

I said 'depending on traffic' it 'could' take 'up to' 45 minutes. This is basic, easy, primary school levels of comprehension.

True, I've guessed at the times the shuttle buses will be running, since no one knows yet. But why would they run up until kick off?

I'm beginning to think [mention=47335]Dunty[/mention] has the building contract for Aberdeens new stadium.....

It seems unlikely but it seems to explain things better than any thing I can come up with.

Similarly I get the impression that at least one of our Hibs supporting buddies was once molested by a scary clown in an “Office block”

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Lies. There are loads of great pubs in the city centre and closer to the ground.

Aye, cos the city centre is a nice short walk to the ground!

Name the great pubs then that are closer to the ground?

Tynecastle, Easter Road, Firhill, Dundee, Killie. Those are places with decent pubs nearby.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, cos the city centre is a nice short walk to the ground!

Name the great pubs then that are closer to the ground?

Tynecastle, Easter Road, Firhill, Dundee, Killie. Those are places with decent pubs nearby.

It's not that far to walk to the ground from the city centre. 20 minutes maybe? The really lazy can get a bus.

Archived