Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, cos the city centre is a nice short walk to the ground!

Name the great pubs then that are closer to the ground?

Tynecastle, Easter Road, Firhill, Dundee, Killie. Those are places with decent pubs nearby.

The St Machar in Old Aberdeen was my favoured haunt for matches when I lived in Aberdeen. I always thought the Bobbin was decent as well, although loads of people seem to hate it.

4 hours ago, Craigie Jambo said:

DNI5fFLXUAAR6ZW.jpg

Coming along along nicely. All we need to do now is send Lockey to Wickes for 13 tubs of "raspberry sorbet" contract paint, get wee Robbo to hold the ladders, touch up the stanchions and floodlights, then Boom! 9th place is guaranteed.

27 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Coming along along nicely. All we need to do now is send Lockey to Wickes for 13 tubs of "raspberry sorbet" contract paint, get wee Robbo to hold the ladders, touch up the stanchions and floodlights, then Boom! 9th place is guaranteed.

It's a shame, I thought Hearts would get at least one normal looking stand. It's 2017 not 1987.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Get offended? I have to conclude that you don't know what that means. Please point out the parts in my post where I am offended.

I said 'depending on traffic' it 'could' take 'up to' 45 minutes. This is basic, easy, primary school levels of comprehension.

True, I've guessed at the times the shuttle buses will be running, since no one knows yet. But why would they run up until kick off?

The times they're planning to run them are in the stadium application.

31 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Budge trying to put a brave face on it but she'll be looking on in envy when Kingsford opens.

Has the planning application been accepted by each authority (ACC & Aberdeenshire Council)?

27 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Has the planning application been accepted by each authority (ACC & Aberdeenshire Council)?

Aberdeenshire council can only give an advisory. It's not in Aberdeenshire so they can't decide on it.

Aberdeen council haven't voted on it yet, application been deferred.

Aurora will be as appealing to visit out with matchdays as window shopping at an IKEA on the outskirts of town.

The prospect of fucking about catching a shuttle bus after a 2+ hour train journey makes Aurora even less appealing than Pittodrie even in its dilapidated state.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

Aurora will be as appealing to visit out with matchdays as window shopping at an IKEA on the outskirts of town.

The prospect of fucking about catching a shuttle bus after a 2+ hour train journey makes Aurora even less appealing than Pittodrie even in its dilapidated state.

It could be the Allianz Arena and literally be across the road from the train station, and Hearts' tinpot support would still travel up in embarrassing numbers.

Corporate hospitality  being hermetically sealed off from the "normal fans" was  a bigger deal for way back in the '80s before "gentrification" ruined/improved* the match day experience for the rest of us.
Now that the "normal fan" isn't seen as quite so scary corporate clients don't want to be quite so isolated from them.
The VIP boxes at the Emirates have a view of the pitch while your chatting with clients beforehand over vol-au-vents but if you pay £18,000 for a box at Arsenal vs Spurs United you're given  seats in front of  your box for when the game actually starts
* delete according to social class

Cheers for this I haven’t had vol-au-vants for years just sent the skiv out to pick me some up.

7 hours ago, Dunty said:

It could be the Allianz Arena and literally be across the road from the train station, and Hearts' tinpot support would still travel up in embarrassing numbers.

You really, really don't like Hearts do you?

Archived