Morton v Alloa 19/3/16

Duffy and his substitutions ??? Wee Bobby Barr was having a good game, getting down the wing, causing Alloa problems, getting back into defence, attacking well. Stefan McCluskey has had better days at the office, nothing was happening for him at all today unless you count breaking up attacks for your own team as having a good game, in fact he was brutal.

The game was screaming out for a Morton sub, about 15 minutes too late he takes Barr off and switches McCluskey.. I take it that was what came up on the Duffster substitution Tombola, I am beginning to think that the Duff is saving his subs up for the next game.

Ross Forbes is as mobile as a bag of cement!

Miller....is he even a footballer?

Denny and Declan both played well today

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duffy and his substitutions ??? Wee Bobby Barr was having a good game, getting down the wing, causing Alloa problems, getting back into defence, attacking well. Stefan McCluskey has had better days at the office, nothing was happening for him at all today unless you count breaking up attacks for your own team as having a good game, in fact he was brutal.

The game was screaming out for a Morton sub, about 15 minutes too late he takes Barr off and switches McCluskey.. I take it that was what came up on the Duffster substitution Tombola, I am beginning to think that the Duff is saving his subs up for the next game.

Ross Forbes is as mobile as a bag of cement!

Miller....is he even a footballer?

Denny and Declan both played well today[/quote

We won 4-1 btw

The subs changed the game in our favour as up to then it wasn't looking to good.

I fuckin love going to cappielow these days to watch the absolute mutants in our end screaming abuse at our players for misplacing passes etc. I bet your one of them

The thread seems to be going in a similar direction to the one against Raith last week. There was no real evidence from the previous fixtures between the sides for their fans to expect an easy victory and they didn't get one. If Alloa put in the level of performance that we have seen for the most part since Jack Ross arrived then Morton will at least need to work for their 3 points. There is no pressure on us now so hopefully we get another determined performance and try and add to the final points tally.

1282014053.png

Off you pop to the seaside leagues; thanks for playing anyway.

Pumped.

Next.

You're just trying to make FannyTON look good aren't you? :lol:

Disappointing scoreline given Morton certainly didn't boss the game. Their third, well finished by McManus, came when we were pressing for the equaliser.

Like the home game recently against Livi the two early goals we conceded were far too soft.

The game emphasised again that we are well short on quałity. Isaac is horrendous and it has, as predicted, been Jack Ross's biggest mistake IMO to give him so many chances and not bring another centre forward.

Here's a wee blast from the past from our tear-stained Alloa roaster 'printer', talking shite about the arrival of Dece at the start of the year:

That remains to be seen. He was ordinary at best in his loan spell at Alloa in the Championship two years ago.

19th March - Current Championship POTM Dece effortlessly swords a hapless Alloa outfit, consigning them to seaside league oblivion next season.

post-11540-0-59413900-1458433076_thumb.j

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Played in a better team with better service at Morton last year, champ. If Tidser ever regains fitness then we'll have a very strong second half of the campaign IMO. Until then it's up to Forbes to ping more balls in behind for Dece to sword the dross in this league.

^^^ award-winning, fact-based analysis 

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Here's a wee blast from the past from our tear-stained Alloa roaster 'printer', talking shite about the arrival of Dece at the start of the year:

19th March - Current Championship POTM Dece effortlessly swords a hapless Alloa outfit, consigning them to seaside league oblivion next season.

attachicon.gifdece mcmanus.jpg

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

^^^ award-winning, fact-based analysis

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

No evidence of tears from me Champ, except in your continuing sad little self-obsessed world. I'm far too mature and reasonable for that. I merely stated two facts: One that Declan was ordinary for us and two it remained to be seen how he would do for Morton at the higher level.

So far he seems to be doing pretty well. He looks a more confident and cleverer player. I'm pleased for him.

Rubbish game but an excellent five minute spell where we got the third and fourth goals was enough to make it safe. Those first two goals were utterly ridiculous.

In the previous three games Alloa haven't looked dreadful while clearly not being very good, but yesterday they looked as bad as us two seasons ago. Speak volumes about how bad we were that Alloa had control of the game for about half an hour despite that. Johnstone had an excellent second half though and he saw us through. Great finish for the fourth.

You're just trying to make FannyTON look good aren't you? :lol:

Disappointing scoreline given Morton certainly didn't boss the game. Their third, well finished by McManus, came when we were pressing for the equaliser.

Like the home game recently against Livi the two early goals we conceded were far too soft.

The game emphasised again that we are well short on quałity. Isaac is horrendous and it has, as predicted, been Jack Ross's biggest mistake IMO to give him so many chances and not bring another centre forward.

Morton should have gone in at halftime 4 or 5 up.  Alloa had a purple patch after half time for about 20 minutes but then after the substitutions  - in particular McKee coming on - we controlled the show again and were comfortable winners.  

No evidence of tears from me Champ, except in your continuing sad little self-obsessed world. I'm far too mature and reasonable for that. I merely stated two facts: One that Declan was ordinary for us and two it remained to be seen how he would do for Morton at the higher level.

So far he seems to be doing pretty well. He looks a more confident and cleverer player. I'm pleased for him.

Good to hear McManus is making progress, he worked hard when he was with Alloa, despite looking out of his depth at the time. A quick look at the stats, however, says he only has 2 goals in 11 games in this loan spell against other full-time teams, the other 3 against what is a poor Alloa team. The only time in his career that he has scored goals was for a full-time side in an overwhelmingly part-time league. Stats suggest not much has changed so far.

Good to hear McManus is making progress, he worked hard when he was with Alloa, despite looking out of his depth at the time. A quick look at the stats, however, says he only has 2 goals in 11 games in this loan spell against other full-time teams, the other 3 against what is a poor Alloa team. The only time in his career that he has scored goals was for a full-time side in an overwhelmingly part-time league. Stats suggest not much has changed so far.

Part of the issue is that Declan and Denny Johnstone were both used to filling the same role so one of them had to change his game a bit and that has been Declan.  They did not work well as a partnership for a while but that has been improving in recent games.  Declan's first touch is probably his weakest area this time and I don't remember that being an issue last season.  He has, however, now scored 5 in 12 appearances including two at Raith  a couple of weeks ago.  Denny Johnstone has scored 15 in 29 appearances.

Dec did very well yesterday given the agricultural defending he was up against. Kicked up and down the park with no protection at all from the referee. Speaking to a neutral who was at the game he was shocked Alloa only got one card.

Johnstone's finishbwas superb. Very little to aim at. Goal of game was definitely Alloa's though I'm still angry at the defending.

Archived